PDA

View Full Version : Replay 4 issue: no place to copy and paste the registration key.

itsgot
10-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I recently had to restore my computer to new. After doing so I lost most of my programs and some details. Today I re-downloaded the Replay Media Catcher 4 program. For some reason I couldn't open it so I contacted Applian and was given my registration key. Ire-downloaded the program again and found no place to copy and paste the registration key.
Now when I try to open the program I receive a message which reads, "Unexpected Fatal Error" Configuration system failed to initialize. Please lodge a support ticket.
Can anyone out there help me with this issue?

Thank for your help

Jeff Lenney
10-12-2010, 11:33 PM
Hey there - Please run this for me:

http://www.applian.com/clear-code.php

Now reboot your computer. When you open up the program it will ask you if you want to activate the program with your code. :-)

Let me know if this helps!

itsgot
10-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Hi Jeff,

I did as you suggested and there was no difference. As a side note when I choose which product I wanted to clear it gave no indication that I had accomplished the task. I bring this up because I'm uncertain whether there was supposed to be or not.
Either way I cleared the product code for Media Catcher 4, rebooted the computer and when I tried to open it again I received the same message as before.
What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks again Jeff for your help with this issue.

Scott

Cheryl Wester
10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
In the bottom right it says demo mode in red. Please select that and you will be able to enter your code. Thanks.

Jeff Lenney
10-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Hi Jeff,

I did as you suggested and there was no difference. As a side note when I choose which product I wanted to clear it gave no indication that I had accomplished the task. I bring this up because I'm uncertain whether there was supposed to be or not.
Either way I cleared the product code for Media Catcher 4, rebooted the computer and when I tried to open it again I received the same message as before.
What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks again Jeff for your help with this issue.

Scott

Hi Scott,

I'm more than happy to help out - take a look at Cheryls response just below your own - try that, and let us know if that helps.

Thanks!

itsgot
10-14-2010, 06:05 AM
In the bottom right it says demo mode in red. Please select that and you will be able to enter your code. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl,

Could you please give me a link to the correct Media Catcher 4 which has the demo mode in red.
I went to; http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/index.php and found no red demo mode link anywhere.
I downloaded it anyway and there was no place to enter the code and it still has the fatal error indication so it's obvious that I'm going to the wrong product link.

I really do appreciate your help with this.

Scott