PDA

View Full Version : Message: "Another instance of Replay Media Catcher is already runing"

Tom_135
10-04-2010, 10:05 AM
Hi,

I get the above message when I try and open Media Catcher. But I'm certain that it's not already open, I only just booted up my PC and it doesn't appear in my Task Manager.

I can't open the Media Catcher - do you know what's going on?!?

stream-recorder.com
10-05-2010, 06:58 AM
What version of RMC do you use?

Try to reboot one more time.

Shellie Heggenberger
10-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi,

Replay Media Catcher will be in your hidden icons. Once Replay Media Catcher is minimized you can bring it up from the system tray (double click the purple icon next to the clock).

Or, if you'd rather have it in the taskbar when you minimize, you can change that preference in Settings. Click on Tools-Settings. Expand the Download Settings section. De-select the "hide task bar icon when minimized" option.

You can shut down Replay Media Catcher without restarting your computer. Open Task Manager, then go to the Processes tab. Highlight armcp.exe then click the End Process button. That will close Replay Media Catcher.

Best regards,

Shellie Heggenberger
Applian Technologies, Inc.

Tom_135
10-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Many thanks.

When I minimise them, do you know how I can keep the Applain Director, and any other Applain applications that I open from it, in the larger tab format that's displayed at the botton of my screen?

myersph
10-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Hi,

I get the above message when I try and open Media Catcher. But I'm certain that it's not already open, I only just booted up my PC and it doesn't appear in my Task Manager.

I can't open the Media Catcher - do you know what's going on?!?

I am no expert and I would not want to give duff advice but I ran msconfig.exe and unticked loads of automatic startup programs from the startup tab using http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php as a guide. I recall there were some replay/applian items which I unticked to stop them starting every boot. Don't do it if you are unsure.