PDA

View Full Version : Freecorder Support for Google Chrome

riffdex
10-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I was wondering if there are any plans to add support for Freecorder on Google Chrome browser? It is my primary browser and it would be very helpful for me. I think that a lot of people who use Chrome would also like to see a Freecorder they could use.

Thanks,
riffdex

Jeff Lenney
10-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi Riff

While I can't make any guarantees, our programmers DO monitor the forums - so your suggestion will be heard (or read). :)

Thanks!

riffdex
10-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the reply! I can only hope that one of the programmers sees this and has a genuine interest in the idea! I'm just so sick of having to have 3 browsers installed on my computer: IE for my online classes (my school requires you use IE, which might possibly be the slowest, buggiest, most frustrating browser ever), Firefox for freecorder (I could use IE but I'm literally not willing to use IE if there's an alternative), and Chrome for general use. I would love to cut it down to just IE and Chrome!

Jeff Lenney
10-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the reply! I can only hope that one of the programmers sees this and has a genuine interest in the idea! I'm just so sick of having to have 3 browsers installed on my computer: IE for my online classes (my school requires you use IE, which might possibly be the slowest, buggiest, most frustrating browser ever), Firefox for freecorder (I could use IE but I'm literally not willing to use IE if there's an alternative), and Chrome for general use. I would love to cut it down to just IE and Chrome!

I just use firefox for everything - problem solved. :-P

I'll send a link to this page to our programmer - thanks!

AriaLuna
12-20-2010, 12:16 PM
ACTUALLY, i sent a reccomendation to your devs a while back. I too wanted freecorder in chrome. They told me its up to the program they use to make the toolbar. So i did a little research and found out the program IS supported in chrome and promptly implored them to make it available for chrome. i dont know if anyone has decided to work on the code yet but i REALLY wish yall had it for chrome. i cant run IE or Firefox cause BOTH bog down my system and have too many security risks. its why i gravitated to chrome. so yes, if you can please, remind the programmers, the program you use to make the toolbars, COMPATABLE WITH CHROME so there isnt an excuse to NOT make it and branch out to other browsers that people use. :3 thanks in advance if you guys make it.

Jeff Lenney
12-20-2010, 06:55 PM
ACTUALLY, i sent a reccomendation to your devs a while back. I too wanted freecorder in chrome. They told me its up to the program they use to make the toolbar. So i did a little research and found out the program IS supported in chrome and promptly implored them to make it available for chrome. i dont know if anyone has decided to work on the code yet but i REALLY wish yall had it for chrome. i cant run IE or Firefox cause BOTH bog down my system and have too many security risks. its why i gravitated to chrome. so yes, if you can please, remind the programmers, the program you use to make the toolbars, COMPATABLE WITH CHROME so there isnt an excuse to NOT make it and branch out to other browsers that people use. :3 thanks in advance if you guys make it.

Thanks for the response. Our next company meeting is in 2 weeks, i'll be sure and bring this up. No guarantees, as it's a free product after all (and we do have many programs that WILL record from chrome with no problem) - but I will bring it up. :-)

nnick
12-30-2010, 01:52 AM
i would be forever grateful if you guys would make the toolbar available for google chrome

thanks

Jeff Lenney
01-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey all - I just wanted to give you a glimmer of hope. I spoke with our CEO last week in person about Freecorder & Chrome - and while I can't make any PROMISES, it IS being looked into and we'll see if we can get a version out for it. Again, no promises & no ETA - but it's out in the open now - and he showed definite interest in getting it programmed/built out as well. :-)

johndoe007
01-17-2011, 06:26 AM
i know it's probably a moot point, but i'd like to voice my desire for chrome compatibility as well. so much faster and easier to use than IE or FFX.

zedx
03-19-2011, 08:28 AM
before i format my pc i could use freecorder 'Program Files\Freecorder\FCVideo.exe' with this way in Chrome, however now freecorder cant see videos i watch anymore..

i want freecorder compability with chrome too..

thanks..

Cheryl Wester
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
We put our recording on the toolbar by Conduit. I would suggest you contact them with this request.

bears_fan_0607
10-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I am responding to this thread because I have a version of Freecoder on my PC that captures and recognizes videos and audio files when using Google Chrome.
This is not false information, I promise. The reason why I am telling you this is because I don't understand how it's working and I don't know what version I am
using. The main reason I'm spending my time on saying this is because that PC is losing its kick and I'm planning on getting rid of it but I want the Freecoder on my old PC, onto my new one. I can't find the version however, and I'm not going to trash it until I figure out how and why this is working so I can download the
right version onto my new computer.

josepicarra
11-20-2011, 09:01 AM
My problem is the same discribed above. I use a lot Freecorder Toolbar, and I just need it on Chrome. Please let me know when.

Maxx 'shc Bulanko
11-26-2011, 11:12 PM
i only registered just so i can speak my opinion i dont like ie at all and dread using it so i can use my freecorder. i do not trust firefox or what ever u call it. i love my chrome and i wish freecorder would make a compatible bookmark for chrome plz and thanx. i hope u guys c this

Jeff Lenney
11-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Hi Guys

Your request is being passed onto our programmers BUT i can make no promises. Thanks! :)

aklesta
02-12-2012, 08:00 AM
Hi guys,

I am BEGGING you all to make a Freecorder toolbar for Chrome! I really hate using FireFox, so PRETTY PLEASE, make the toolbar happen!

Thank you for your wonderful product!

Jeff Lenney
02-12-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi guys,

I am BEGGING you all to make a Freecorder toolbar for Chrome! I really hate using FireFox, so PRETTY PLEASE, make the toolbar happen!

It should be coming in the next few months - I'm beta testing freecorder 6 now and it DOES work with Chrome - I probably should not have said anything and no we dont need any more beta testers. My point is - the people have been heard and it's coming, but I don't have an ETA. :)

Jeff Lenney
02-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Hi guys,

It should be coming in the next few months - I'm beta testing freecorder 6 now and it DOES work with Chrome - I probably should not have said anything and no we dont need any more beta testers. My point is - the people have been heard and it's coming, but I don't have an ETA. :)