PDA

View Full Version : Odd Videos in my Cache - Youtube Clips Not Appearing

Tom_135
09-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Hi,

I managed to finally get URL addresses appearing in my Replay video cache by turning off my User Account Control. However, when I watch a Youtube clip it doesn't appear in the cache - all that's there are the URLs of various video clips that I haven't watched (they seem to be news clips).

Does anyone know:

A) why the videos I've just watched aren't appearing in the cache

B) where these other clips are coming from and how i can stop them (they're just filling up the cache with useless URL addresses)

Many thanks,

Tom

Cheryl Wester
10-01-2010, 10:54 AM
What version of AV are you using? If you are not using the latest use it as they have made some changes in YouTube. Uninstall and reboot first.

thetalk
10-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I've seen these things too. Most of them are those banner ads and clips that download when you go to a webpage. So even though you didn't download it intentionally, and you may not remember even seeing it, RAV just sees the junk ad as any other video. The solution that I posted recently was installing real player. When that's installed and you mouse over the videos, a tab pops up in the upper right corner of the video that says "download this video". Does the same thing for some of those animated junk ads too!

Tom_135
10-02-2010, 04:05 AM
Thanks for getting back to me.

The version I'm using is Replay AV 8.

I don't use Real Player, but I'm going to get it. Also, you're right re the banner adds etc, I think it was downloading the videos from news stories on the Sky News website that I'd viewed earlier.

My current situation is that I managed to get urls appearing in the cache, but I couldn't view them. I then downloaded an FLV player as this was the file type that these clips were using. Following that I could view the short news clips that I had inadvertently downloaded, but when I tried to watch what I believed to be a Youtube clip it asked me to download an FLV player again, even though I have it.

Also, obviously you can paste in a url and download a clip that way, but when I try that method the file won't download in anything other than an M3U format, which is just sound, rather than the MP4 format that I request in the selection box.

It's a bit frustrating as, on the face of it, the software seems really good and user friendly, I just can't seem to get it to work!

Cheryl Wester
10-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Do make sure you are using the latest version of AV 8. If you are not uninstall both AV and the converter. Reboot. Then do a fresh install.

Tom_135
10-03-2010, 12:28 AM
Thanks. It's definatley version 8.

I'll get Real Player and see if that helps.

Jeff Lenney
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks. It's definatley version 8.

I'll get Real Player and see if that helps.

Great - we look forward to your follow up!