PDA

View Full Version : Convert RMC4 flv to "something" that can use fast forward and rewind

BostonDriver
09-29-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm just starting to kick the tires with Replay Converter... I'm using the defaults.

I've been able to get RMC4 to capture streams from the 'net that other sw can't. Now I want to watch it. The format is flv and the players I've tried get "confused" when I pause, fast forward or rewind. I'm sorry but sometimes I need to pause (or stop) and go mix another drink.

This would happen with other flv streams captured with other, pre Applian software too. For those, I'd convert with Dr. DivX. Rather than use Dr DivX, I'm sure there is a way to get Replay Converter to convert the flv to avi/mp4/xvid/divx/don't care such that I can e.g. pause, rewind etc.

Anyone else find a way to do this already?

stream-recorder.com
09-29-2010, 01:25 PM
You may need to fix files FLV to fast forward and rewind them. Go to Tools -> Fix FLV in RMC 4.

If you still have this problem, please specify the web-site(s) files from which you have problems fast forwarding / rewinding.

BostonDriver
09-29-2010, 05:02 PM
You may need to fix files FLV to fast forward and rewind them. Go to Tools -> Fix FLV in RMC 4.

If you still have this problem, please specify the web-site(s) files from which you have problems fast forwarding / rewinding.

Fix FLV is set to be done automatically after the download. I ran it again on the existing file and still have the same issue.

I'm re-dl'ing the (secure) stream now.

Here is the link

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-8/video

BostonDriver
09-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Quick update. Things seem to be fine now. I don't want anyone wasting time trying that link themselves.

I did nothing different with the most recnet download. As I said, Fix FLV is set on by default for RTMP. I did notice that the length (h:mm:ss) of this download was longer than the privious one, and matched the time on the embedded web player (whatever it is called) on the site I was recording.

I'll keep playing around with this and other sites to see what I can learn.

The mp4 I used Replay Converter to produce also works just fine.