PDA

View Full Version : RTC Stops Recording My Mic

Bloemer
09-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Hello,

I just updated to the most recent version of Replay Telecorder, 1.2.0.3. I'm running Windows Vista on a Sony VGN-TZ270N, using Realtek drivers for the audio. My Skype is version 4.2.0.169, which I think is also the most current. I'm having one very serious problem with RTC.

When I make a Skype call, with or without RTC running, the Skype call goes fine. Everyone else on the call hears me fine when I speak, and I hear them fine, and I can mute and un-mute successfully as often as I need. The problem I have is that when recording the call using RTC, it seems to record the other participants' voices just fine, but a few seconds into the recording (three to six seconds into the call, but no specific time), RTC stops recording my microphone. Using the Skype Echo/Call Test Service shows that the other end is hearing my voice because it plays it back. But the recording doesn't include any input from my own microphone after the first few seconds. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This sounds like it might be a good piece of software, but seems buggy at the present.

Dan
Jacksonville, Florida

Cheryl Wester
09-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Please go into your Skype settings and select audio options. Make sure that both the mic and speakers are set to the middle. Also, make sure you don't have auto adjust checked for either. If you still have an issue please contact tech support.

Bloemer
09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Cheryl,

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, that did not help. I tried calls to both the Echo/Sound Test Service as well as a Skype to Skype call, and both had my mic audio recording stop within 5 seconds while the other end recorded fine. I guess I'll try submitting a trouble ticket to Applian to see if they have any other ideas.

Dan