PDA

View Full Version : Problems with new version and Grooveshark

Derelict
09-27-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm having problems with the new version of RMC and grooveshark.com. The {artist} tag is not coming through on the stream search, just the song titles. I've noticed that RMC works with other sites I use (all of which download as mp4 files), but not with grooveshark (which pulls down mp3 files). Could there be a problem with the CDDB (or whatever you're using to get the filename) lookup for mp3 files?

Thanks for your time!

D

Derelict
10-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Bump. Issue still exists. Has there been any investigation of this?

D

Derelict
10-27-2010, 10:00 PM
I should have mentioned that I upgraded to 4.0.14.0. The reproduction steps:

Downloading a song from grooveshark.com with no conversion results in the Artist field in the CDDB data being blank. If a CDDB query is forced from the album info window, the field is populated.

If you have a conversion step enabled (I tried MP3), it correctly pulls the artist information from CDDB. However, the maximum string length of the filename seems to be around 64 characters, and the song title is usually greatly truncated.

D

Jeff Lenney
10-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Hi Derrick Z,

I believe this issue is being looked into at the moment, however I don't yet have an ETA for this. Thanks for hanging in there, and congratulations on turning left. :-)

Derelict
11-30-2010, 09:03 PM
I just downloaded version 4.0.17.0, and the problem has improved, but still occurs. About 1/2 of the music files come through with the correct Artist information. The ones that don't show up as follows:

File downloads, and immediately renames itself (no stall for Music DNS information). On the ones that don't work, the Performer field is populated, but the Artist field is not. As soon as I hit the Music DNS button on the Meta Data / Tags screen, it takes the (expected) 3-10 seconds to connect to Music DNS and look up the track. At that point, the Artist field gets populated correctly.

I'm guessing that some "quick" resource is being queried and returning the malformed CDDB header information to avoid the Music DNS loading time. I'd rather have them named properly than save the 5-10 seconds per track, though. I could be off the mark, but that's my best guess as to what's going on. Could be a race condition of some sort, as well.

Hope this helps, and I hope you all nail down the problem. It mainly seems to happen when I force Grooveshark to advance to the next track, and less often if I let it just walk through the tracks.

If you need any more information, please feel free to contact me via email. I'm very technical (I'm a senior software engineer at SOE), and can usually aid in figuring out what's going on.

D

Derelict
01-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Still broken in 4.0.19.0

D

cdeviney
01-31-2013, 08:51 AM
I unchecked "enable meta data/tags naming' and that seems to have fixed it for me, using V4.4.4.

Jeff Lenney
01-31-2013, 11:59 PM
I unchecked "enable meta data/tags naming' and that seems to have fixed it for me.

Thanks for the update!

peleus
02-02-2013, 07:14 AM
I unchecked "enable meta data/tags naming' and that seems to have fixed it for me.

Thanks. Is there any reason why meta tags should be enabled by default? https://imagicon.info/cat/14-16/1.gif