PDA

View Full Version : Help needed by newbie, please

gyoungphd
03-03-2008, 08:11 PM
I have tried to capture two different flash videos today, one on You Tube, one somewhere else. I have successfully used Replay Media Catcher once before; I just bought the suite.

Today I can't capture anything with it or Replay AV. In Media Catcher, the list stays blank. I've deleted Temporary Internet Files. I have been through Help sections. I'm still stuck. Please tell me there's something really basic I'm not doing. Thanks!

petrogia
03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I have tried to capture two different flash videos today, one on You Tube, one somewhere else. I have successfully used Replay Media Catcher once before; I just bought the suite.

Today I can't capture anything with it or Replay AV. In Media Catcher, the list stays blank. I've deleted Temporary Internet Files. I have been through Help sections. I'm still stuck. Please tell me there's something really basic I'm not doing. Thanks!

Try this:
Run Replay Media Catcher. Press the record button. Minimize Replay Media Catcher to the taskbar tray.

Start your browser and go to the source video and start the video stream. You do not have to play the whole video. You can play another video stream and so on.

With Replay AV 8 you do the same but running it first and then going to the tools menu bar and choosing the URL Finder tool. Follow the on screen dialog box instructions. Minimize the URL Finder and open your browser and find your video stream. Play the stream like for 30 seconds. Close the stream. Go back to your Replay AV by using the alt tab keyboard key or go to the taskbar tray and find the URL Finder icon. The URL finder has a list box andin this box look for a URL that ends in .flv. Select it and choose the add button to add it to your Replay AV via properties.

Rickpowell
03-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Thank you. I never took the time to figure this one out. IT WORKS GREAT.

This software rocks.....

Jeff Lenney
03-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Hey, very cool, customers helping customers!

Thanks for your help, AND I'm glad that did the trick! :D

Andrew E
03-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Jeff

My name is Andrew. I just bought the whole Applian package yesterday. Like a previous poster, I somehow successfully recorded one video off the Internet. Today I can't replicate the task. Is there something different on Saturdays?

I followed your instructions in a post to someone else, who had a similar problem. I can go as far as seeing the streaming task Replay A/V. When I run the video and ask Replay to record it, for a moment or two it shows CONNECTING, but then, instead of Capturing, it returns to show me the date. My URL is correct, there is no doubt about that.

Something is not intuitive here and I am against the wall. Please give me any hint to make future video recordings more algorithmic and repeatable. Thanks,
Andrew

petrogia
03-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Close your browser. Run RMC. Start the recording mode.Minimize RMC to the taskbar. Start up your browser. Play the clip. Go back to RMC program and look at the list box. The tip of the day dialog box within RMC says you may want to press the refresh button in your browser.
Hi Jeff

My name is Andrew. I just bought the whole Applian package yesterday. Like a previous poster, I somehow successfully recorded one video off the Internet. Today I can't replicate the task. Is there something different on Saturdays?

I followed your instructions in a post to someone else, who had a similar problem. I can go as far as seeing the streaming task Replay A/V. When I run the video and ask Replay to record it, for a moment or two it shows CONNECTING, but then, instead of Capturing, it returns to show me the date. My URL is correct, there is no doubt about that.

Something is not intuitive here and I am against the wall. Please give me any hint to make future video recordings more algorithmic and repeatable. Thanks,
Andrew

amiles1
04-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Close your browser. Run RMC. Start the recording mode.Minimize RMC to the taskbar. Start up your browser. Play the clip. Go back to RMC program and look at the list box. The tip of the day dialog box within RMC says you may want to press the refresh button in your browser.

HELP!!! :(
I downloaded the necessary packages and everything worked fine, I downloaded a couple of streams and as it all worked I bought the full package from Applian.
Since then I've not been able to get anything to work and I've followed the above tips and yet still nothing seems to be found on my system.
Can someone PLEASE talk me through how to record streams etc as I must be messing this up???

petrogia
04-02-2008, 10:20 AM
HELP!!! :(
I downloaded the necessary packages and everything worked fine, I downloaded a couple of streams and as it all worked I bought the full package from Applian.
Since then I've not been able to get anything to work and I've followed the above tips and yet still nothing seems to be found on my system.
Can someone PLEASE talk me through how to record streams etc as I must be messing this up???
Did you read the user guide and FAQs? They should help you.

gyoungphd
04-12-2008, 10:05 AM
First, thanks to everyone for the advice.
I have read and tried everything, and nothing gets captured.
I am running Vista Home Ultimate and the latest Replay Media Catcher.
I clear all internet files.
I start recording in Replay Media Catcher.
I go to the video and play it.
It doesn't get captured.

It's as I said before, and as someone else posted: I got it to work once and then never again.

By the way, it works just fine on my old Windows XP Home computer. And by the way, I tried to follow the instructions to ensure Vista compatibility, but my User Accounts control panel does not have the options that the instructions describe.

I really really need to use RMC on this Vista computer. Any further advice would be tremendously appreciated--and your patience is too.

Cheryl Wester
04-12-2008, 10:30 PM
Hi

Follow these directions to turn your UAC off and it will work.

Turn OFF User Account Control:

Open Control Panel
Go to User Accounts
Click on Turn User Account Control on or off
Click continue to verify.
De-Select the Use User Account Control (UAC)...
Click OK
Re-start your computer

You will select User Accounts twice-once in the control panel and once under that. You will see where it says to turn UAC on or off

gyoungphd
04-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Cheryl, thanks for re-posting the directions about Vista User Accounts. It led me to try again; the reason I couldn't find "Turn user accounts on or off" was that I was using the default Vista view of Control Panel; you can't see that message unless you are in Classic view; I never located it anywhere in the default Vista view. Maybe someone could describe the procedure to be able to see "Turn user accounts on or off" in the instructions for RMC, because I bet I'm not the only one who hasn't mastered all the new "features" of Vista.

It works!

Many, many thanks!