PDA

View Full Version : No Audio Stream

Beachcomber
09-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I downloaded Telecorder for Skype today and paid for the full version without testing it as all my other Applian programs work perfectly.

However, I cannot get it to find a Skype audio stream. It recognises my webcam and the remote webcam and I an can use Skype with no problem but it will not find an audio stream. I have downloaded the program again, reinstalled, rebooted all to no avail.

I am using Windows XP and the latest version of Skype. Can anyone please advise how to get it working properly otherwise I am going to have to ask for a refund.

Cheryl Wester
09-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Are you using the beta version of skype or the latest version? Thanks for clarifying.

Beachcomber
09-22-2010, 05:00 AM
I am using Skype version 4.2.0.187.

I have tried using Freecorder and the audio recording works perfectly. Looks like I shouldn't have bothered with Telecorder! I can manage without recording the webcams. Any suggestions before I apply for a refund?

Beachcomber
09-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Upgrading to version 1.2.0.3 has solved the 'No audio stream' problem.

Just one other query. If I choose to record audio only can I make it record in MP3 rather than AVI?

Cheryl Wester
09-24-2010, 01:01 PM
No, we do hope to add that option in the future, however.

Beachcomber
09-24-2010, 03:14 PM
OK, many thanks for your reply. I can use Freecorder to make MP3s of my audio only conversations for now.