PDA

View Full Version : Unable to contact tagging service when recording from Spotify (Mcafee firewall)

spotdj64wan
09-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Over the last 2 days I have received error messages when recording from Spotify. The message tells me that Spotify is unable to contact the tagging service and that I should check that I am online and that my Firewall is correctly configured. In addition, after recording a couple of tracks all other tracks are queued as pending and not recorded. I have checked my Firewall (Mcafee) and Spotify is cleared for full access. I am also online. The message also refers to genpuid.exe, which I have checked is correctly installed on my PC. I have had no real problems with tagging and recording until now. Any ideas how I resolve the problem.

Cheryl Wester
09-15-2010, 05:58 AM
We are aware of this issue and it is being workied on and should be resolved shortly. Please do give it another try.

bluemoon
09-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Hello,

I am getting the same problem but sometimes with persistance it names the tracks. Any sollution would be greatly appreciated! Tks

Cheryl Wester
09-15-2010, 09:42 AM
It should be up and running. Do give it another try. If you are still getting the error message let me know in tech support.

storm1960
03-13-2011, 04:46 AM
I temp switched off Symantec av and it started working - seems antivirus network threat protection 'automatically' created rule