PDA

View Full Version : Jerkiness

sgt912
09-11-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm a little disappointed with the quality of my recordings and I'm guessing it's something I'm doing rather than my hardware...
I've got an AMD 3Ghz processor with 2Gb of RAM and a 512Mb graphics card so I think I've got a pretty reasonable machine, but even so, if I try and grab something using MPEG2 and a screen size comparable to PAL DVD, the resultant video is extremely jerky. If I switch to WMV it gets a little better, but not much. If I drop the quality right down to nothing more than the lowest setting, the recording's fine (at least not jerky or jumpy, just a little grainy).
I don't have any other programs running and little in the way of background processes - anyone any ideas how to improve the quality of my recordings (short of buying a new top of the range PC!)
Thanks

Cheryl Wester
09-11-2010, 03:00 PM
To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture -- try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Please give this a try for me, and let me know if this makes a difference.

sgt912
09-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Cheryl,

Reduced the screen size to just about 650 (ish) wide and choose MPEG 2 at about 4000 and that seems to be OK - looks like I was just a little too ambitious on screen size.

Thanks

Tom_135
10-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Hi,

I have a similar problem and I've made the adjustments that you recomended above but I still can't get a good recorded version of the DVD section I'm trying to record.

I altered the settings to MPEG2, increaed the bit rate to 8000kbps and made the screen I was recording form very small but the lip syncing is still out.

The picture is fine but the audio is off - how can I fix this?

Cheryl Wester
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Use the universal audio. To the right of it is a location to adjust the speed by increasng or decreasing. Read the hints to the right to see how to use this.

Tom_135
10-20-2010, 12:58 PM
I've looked in settings but can't find the 'universal audio'?

Also, I'm on Vista - I don't know if that makes any difference?

Cheryl Wester
10-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Go to the audio test in settings. Select Vista if you are using Vista. The universal audio is in the settings on the left hand side towards the middle.