PDA

View Full Version : 4G file size limit

gil92604
09-08-2010, 09:10 PM
In Replay Video Capture 4.2 I set "Maximum file size" and "Recording Time" to blank (unlimited). The recording stopped at a file size of 4G without notification. The only indication was the file size counter stopped incrementing. Unfortunately I didn't notice it for an hour.

Is this a limit of XP or a problem with Replay Video Capture?

Jeff Lenney
09-08-2010, 09:17 PM
Hey Gil,

Is this happening with EVERY file you record?

Also, can you please confirm that BOTH the max file size and recording time fields are BLANK, and a # didn't get slipped in there by mistake? :)

Thanks!

gil92604
09-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Both were blank. I just noticed another problem. I paused the recording about an hour and a half into the video and restarted it after a fifteen minute break (did not use the record button). Replay started recording from the front of the file, overlaying the beginning of the video. When playing the video with Window Media Player, the status bar (blue line) at the bottom was at the right most position and the video was still playing.

This is the first recording I have made.

gil92604
09-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Maybe the file size counter reached it's limit.

r9jackson
09-26-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm a newby and want to know about the file limits. I am running on 64 bit, Windows 7. Can I record larger than 4 Gb?

Jeff Lenney
09-26-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm a newby and want to know about the file limits. I am running on 64 bit, Windows 7. Can I record larger than 4 Gb?

Read the above posts please. :-)

Yes you can, but you need to clear the max recording size/time limites in Settings.

Cheryl Wester
09-27-2010, 09:31 PM
I checked with the developer regarding this and I'm quoting him: "There is no limit for the recorded file size except the hard drive capacity. However there is a limit when showing the recorded file size on the main screen of Replay Video. This program is a 32 bit and it can only show numbers as high as hex FFFFFFFF which is about 4 GB (to be exact the number is 4,294,967,295 or 4.294 GB). After this the displayed file size number is not correct but the file will continue to record OK."