PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way so music replay do not trim the silence off?

Bidermaier
09-08-2010, 04:50 AM
Hello. I really like this piece of software. It even works on linux with wine, which I find hilarious.

There is one bit I dont like. An album is made of music but sometimes the silences are also important. I love the auto editing feature but I would love it if RM would just respect the track original lengh.

I understand that for pop music this is pretty much irrelevant, but for ambient, classical, post-rock and that kind of thing 10 or 15 secs of silence are not just a waste of time or bits but something that is there for a reason.

Also respecting the track original length may be helpful when things go wrong and you have to manually guess what track is what.

racheln18
09-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Just got to settings > splitting, and change the volume level cut-off to 43. It won't cut of the silent parts in songs, it works for me.

Jeff Lenney
09-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Just got to settings > splitting, and change the volume level cut-off to 43. It won't cut of the silent parts in songs, it works for me.

This should work - thanks for jumpin in Rachel :-)