PDA

View Full Version : capturing wmv: video file size is larger than for the original video file

gil
09-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Hello,
Trying to capture a 1 hour "wmv video" (original size is 20meg- was recorded with gotomeeting)
After recording a test of this "wmv video" (about 2mn) the file size is already 35 meg. Any idea what's wrong? what settings should I use to record a "wmv" video and keep the file size as close as the original?
Thanks

Jeff Lenney
09-08-2010, 09:19 PM
Hey Gil,

Replay Video Capture is a SCREEN recorder, it does NOT record the file - but rather, what it see's and hears on your screen and sound card (or mic). Thus, you're going to see the file sizes vary -and are sometimes BIGGER with Replay Video Capture, when compared to the original recording/file.

i hope this helps :)

TonyVee
03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
RVC seems to do just that....I recorded a 90 min video that ends up 3 gig when the original was less than 1 gig. Is there another program I can use to reduce the file size?

Cheryl Wester
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
You are able to use Replay Converter to convert the file to a different format and a different size. You are also able to adjust the bitrate in your original recording so it takes up less space originally.