PDA

View Full Version : BBC iplayer annoyance

riv-dogg
09-02-2010, 06:11 AM
RMC4 Latest version now downloads BBC iplayer radio correctly( hooray!)
, but there is a really annoying limitation.

iplayer 1 hour radio shows are typically about 63 mins with top and tail - and this passes the 1 hour 'super-download' threshold. So you are straight back to recording in real time.

RMC 3 always downloaded these just fine - you just need to tweak the super-download threshold to about 65 mins and RMC4 will be fine too.

Please do this - you have done the work to make this really good with iplayer radio now, but only for short shows. If it works in RMC3 I am sure it can work in RMC4.

riv-dogg
09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Still the same in 4.09 - do the developers read these forums?

growlie
09-06-2010, 06:02 AM
Still the same in 4.09 - do the developers read these forums?

I am finding this limitation causes MOST BBC programs over 1 hr. to fail to complete. Virtually NONE over 90 min. complete!

riv-dogg
09-20-2010, 03:33 AM
I submitted a tech support ticket on this issue and got no useful reply (other than to say they would forward the request to the developer.
I have just spotted in another thread that tech support have advised someone that placing a high value in the 'client buffer' field fixes the 1 hour cut-off.
I tried 3990000 in this field and 'Hey Presto' super-download now works on 60min iplayer radio shows ( it cuts off at about 62 mins).
Not perfect, but it gets round the main annoyance factor. - you can super-download a sixty minute show.

What is frustrating is that tech-support didn't give me this advice. From my POV the whole launch of RMC4 has been confusing.
Applian service used to be quick, clear and efficent. You always knew when they were posting on the forum.

Now nothing is clear - is it tech-support and if so who?
Why didn't I get this advice?
Come on Applian - lets get back to how it used to be!

Oh and by the way 3990000 in the client buffer field will get you a fast download of iplayer radio up to 62 mins when using RMC 4.01.

myersph
09-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Oh and by the way 3990000 in the client buffer field will get you a fast download of iplayer radio up to 62 mins when using RMC 4.01.

BTW - Is there a quick method of editing the conversion templates to just include a few options. (Is there an xml somewhere you could just edit down)

Is it OK to leave the 3990000 there all the time or do you need to reset for other actions.

seagroaa
10-30-2013, 05:08 AM
I'm getting exactly the same problem in Replay Media Catcher 5 when downloading 1 hour+ programmes from BBC iplayer radio. Where is the client buffer field in the RMC interface?

I've tried putting 3990000 in Settings > RTMP Adv. > Initial Client Buffer Size (seconds) but it only allows 36000 and likewise for Super Buffer Size (seconds).

Andy