PDA

View Full Version : FLV Player: How To Fast Forward?

Max
08-24-2010, 12:03 PM
Am I missing something? I haven't found a way to fast forward when playing FLV Player. I asked this question of Applian Tech Support and didn't get an answer. (Guess it wasn't technical enough). I've been searching through these forums without any luck. There was a reference to a different player that could play lots of formats including .flv files, VLC Player. I installed that, and that one also does not have a fast forward control. It has a progress bar that you can drag, but it doesn't work to fast forward the program. I am using these players to try to listen to a radio show recorded from the internet with Replay AV8. Other shows I can listen to with Windows Media Player, or preferably, with Replay Player. That's the best player, because it has designated buttons for jumping ahead varying amounts of minutes to avoid the interruptions in the shows. I know the stock answer, that I can convert the files to another format, but you shouldn't have to go to that trouble (takes a lot of my computer's resources) just to listen to a show. Any good answers out there? Thanks.

Cheryl Wester
08-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't know of a FLV Player that does a fast forward. Perhaps a google search would find you one that works like you want. The Applian one does not have that option.l

Max
08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Thank you for replying, but why would you have a player that didn't have fast-forward?

Max
08-27-2010, 07:30 PM
I just found out that if I downloaded the newest version of FLV Player, the right-arrow key of the keyboard advances the player five seconds per tap, and the left arrow key backs it up. So, if you want to fast-forward through a commercial break, you can tap away at the right arrow key like a woodpecker on crack. Better than nothing, but is that the best they can do? 'What up wit dat?'