PDA

View Full Version : Why does it relogin when splitting?

zabinja
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I like the idea of having large recordings split into many small pieces. It appears (and so I have read in other posts) that when it splits it also logs in again. Is this still the case and if so why? Can this be fixed so it stays logged in and still splits the file?

Cheryl Wester
09-06-2008, 07:52 AM
When it splits with Sirius it is actually stopping the stream. To start capturing again it does need to log in. A workaround is to use audio capture but when you do you will only be able to capture 90 minutes prior to the "are you listening" coming up with Sirius.

heineken63
09-12-2008, 06:24 AM
to break up the file after it has been converted, or is there a certian format that I could convert it to that would allow this? I have been having problems with my recording Sirius stopping lately and I think it might be because of my splitting.

Cheryl Wester
09-14-2008, 07:18 PM
We do have our Replay Media Splitter that gives you the ability to split files. You might want to give it a download and see if it meets your needs.

Please download our latest version of Replay Media Splitter from this location:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-splitter/demo.php

zabinja
09-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I have started recording the entire show without splitting. I have it set to convert to MP3. Once the recording is finished I use the Media Splitter to remove commercials and make smaller files. This is working out well but it takes some time to do.