PDA

View Full Version : creativelive.com: cannot connect audio to wave parser

mfasy
08-19-2010, 01:23 PM
I had the same problem today when trying to record live streaming video from
http://creativelive.com/courses/photoshopcs5/ as mentioned here:
Problem with Ustream

Two weeks ago it worked just fine. I had trouble today so I downloaded and installed the newest version and still had the same problem. I got an error message saying ' cannot connect audio to wave parser' with both versions. I purchased the program because the Replay Media Catcher didn't capture these types of video. Now I can't do it with this program either. I am using Win XP Pro XP3. I am using the Universal Audio driver as I have always done. I tried stating RVC before opening Firefox but that didn't help either.

stream-recorder.com
08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Two weeks ago it worked just fine. I had trouble today so I downloaded and installed the newest version and still had the same problem. I got an error message saying ' cannot connect audio to wave parser' with both versions.

Make sure to reboot your computer after uninstalling. Then install the latest version.

Have you tried to record without using the Universal Audio Driver? Do you have the Stereo Mix / Record What U Hear? What kind of sound card do you have?

I purchased the program because the Replay Media Catcher didn't capture these types of video.
Free previews and limited time previews from creativelive.com use simple HTTP streams from blip.tv. There should be no any problem downloading them with Replay Media Catcher. As for other streams, creativelive.com may use secure streams for them. What kind of error exactly do you get when using Replay Media Catcher?