PDA

View Full Version : I need a wingman.

itsamike
08-12-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm the podcaster for a weekly Jewish radio quiz show and I'm looking for a few good volunteers to record the audio stream as a backup in case my recording fails for some reason.

If you'd be willing and able to record two hours on Sunday nights in the Summer and one hour on Tuesday nights the rest of the year and send me the files I['d be very appreciative.

Please reply in this thread if interested and we can swap particulars via private message.

Thanks,

--Mike

Jeff Lenney
08-20-2010, 12:10 AM
Hi Mike - I'm not sure what you're using to Record the files with - but you can always upload the recorded file to an online media share.

How are you recording it exactly? :)

itsamike
08-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Hi, Jeff.

Perhaps I wasn't clear, so let me try again....

I record the show's Internet stream weekly using Replay A/V before posting it to a podcast site, but that recording is a zero-fail mission. If any part of the system fails--if Replay A/V or my computers should crash, if I have a power failure, if my broadband goes out, etc.--the live broadcast is gone forever. So I just need a few people who can record the stream as a backup so I have a fail-safe in case there's a problem locally.

Case in point, this past week I came home from vacation just before airtime to find my Desktop machine frozen following Microsoft's Patch Tuesday. I was able to get my laptop up and running in time to catch the start of the feed but moments later found Replay A/V had crashed on the Laptop due to an Apple Quicktime patch that had started running in the background unbeknownst to me. As Replay A/V restarted I lost a few minutes of the laptop's recording, but that was before the Desktop even had time to finish its post-patch reboot and start its recording. As a result, this week's podcast is missing about three minutes of the show. If there were a handful of redundant recordings running somewhere off-site, I could call on the kindness of those strangers to send me a clean copy, as needed.

Uploading the recorded file to an online media share isn't the issue. It's having the intact file to upload to to the podcasting site.

So, can any stream-recording-software owner volunteer to record a one- or two-hour show once a week and hang on to the recording for a day or two in case I should need it? I'll even toss in a $5 Starbucks or Dunkin' Donutes card as a signing bonus if anyone will help me out. How about you, Jeff? You can just set it and forget it, and I'd only call upon you for a copy in case of emergency.

Thanks,

--Mike