PDA

View Full Version : ReplayAV and Yousendit: Automatic sending to e-mail

thetalk
08-11-2010, 06:10 AM
I've found Yousendit to be a very handy program with ReplayAV, but rencently it quit sending the files automatically. It would open a window and attach the file, and wait for me to manually click the "send" button. . . which defeats the purpose of the automatic feature! I addressed this problem with yousendit, and they claim that the replay version is a special one which has that automatic feature. As far as I know I'm using the version that came with Replay, and I don't know if it updated without me knowing it (or not paying attention). So, I guess my questions are:
1. Can I get yousendit reinstalled without installing the other stuff?
2. What happens if I reinstall Replay and the other software over my current installation-- specifically, will I have to use my activation code again or not?
I've been having problems with my computer, so don't like using up my code limit. Thanks!

thetalk
08-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Fixed it, although it took a while to figure it out: You have to use yousendit version 1.5... but I couldn't find it anymore. Finally found 1.7, and that does the trick. I also told it not to check for updates, and to never check for updates. Whew.

Cheryl Wester
08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Great. Thanks for letting us know. It does not work with the updated versions that YouSendIt has.

thetalk
08-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Yeah, isn't that crazy? Their newer software doesn't support something fundamental like that. It seems especially strange since they're partners with Applian, with software bundled together and all. Not sure how that legal agreement is worded, but that sounds like a big change in basica functionality!

hask
08-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I have version 2.3.2 and the same problem. Where did you find 1.7?

Hask

thetalk
08-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Well, I found it 2 days ago at software.informer.com, but it looks like they've already grayed out the versions. But it linked to here...
http://static.yousendit.com/plugins/YouSendItExpressSetup1_7_3.exe
...and I would save the exe file and back it up, because it's getting harder to find by the day.

Cheryl Wester
08-13-2010, 07:27 PM
Also, you are able to uninstall AV and the YouSendIt and then install from our program. It will then work with the version that comes with AV.

rhk6446
10-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm having the same problem with yousendit version 2.7.4.246 (Replay AV). It's especially upsetting since I paid up to get the Pro version of yousendit!

stream-recorder.com
10-22-2010, 02:32 AM
I'm having the same problem with yousendit version 2.7.4.246 (Replay AV). It's especially upsetting since I paid up to get the Pro version of yousendit!
Have you tried an older version as mentioned above?

rhk6446
10-22-2010, 02:04 PM
I looked for an older version but couldn't find any (as mentioned above, that link is now dead).

Could someone from Applian be an advocate for your paying customers and ask your contact at YouSendIt to develop a patch or include this fix in the next release or upgrade?

stream-recorder.com
10-23-2010, 07:19 AM
I looked for an older version but couldn't find any (as mentioned above, that link is now dead).
The link posted above is working for me:

http://static.yousendit.com/plugins/YouSendItExpressSetup1_7_3.exe

rhk6446
10-24-2010, 05:50 PM
You're right!
I tried the link above and was able to install version 1.7
Hopefully it works!
Thanks

Cheryl Wester
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
We are aware of this issue. Thanks.