PDA

View Full Version : Where is User Support? Gone to WMRecorder everyone ...

castalla
08-09-2010, 02:21 PM
Seems the automatic answer to any query is now "Try WMRecorder ..."

Very disappointing and can only antagonise existing customers.

Cheryl Wester
08-09-2010, 09:06 PM
What are you trying to capture? Have you submitted a tech support ticket? We have a lot of different programs and although there is some overlap often we do refer you to one program over another when we know it is going to do a better job. Also, you will find the link to a forum for WM Recorder at the bottom of the forum page.

castalla
08-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Support ticket sent on day I opened this discussion - https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?5346-RMC-fails-to-record-BBC-iPlayer-streams-new-problem.

blazegmc
08-11-2010, 05:10 AM
im starting to ask my self the same question..
ive asked two questions on here with no responses.

seems to me that applian have taken a step back, not forward. RMC4 is the worst piece of software theyve got and if i could be bothered id be asking for my upgrade money back...

whats the point of having one to capture media if most of the answers are going to recommend the audio stream or vid capture programms??? i would have thought the point of RMC would be to combine the two, but its just rubbish. it looses more than it captures and just fills the folder up with pointless files.

with so many free browser addons and other free donwloads that capture streams, even the encrypted ones, you would think applian would be more help to their loyal and exsisting customers

myersph
08-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I am a big fan of everything Applian and particularly like RMC3.11 it records BBC radio very well and records a 30 min radio prog in just a few minutes and never crashes as long a you open browser from the file menu. I converted to RMC when A/V stopped picking up BBC. So when RMC4 came out I naturally bought it. Actually I have never used it and reverted to 3.11 due to (1) the recording time is real time and no faster, (2) the programme name does not become the filename. I have made a ticket and got a holding reply. I did buy WM recorder but it is not as good as RMC3.11 (I forget why). When RMC4 eventually does at least all that 3.11 did then I will change to it because it looks nicer.
The pity for me is that at least one of the Applian Staff (who are all normally very, very helpful) seems to extol the other virtues of 4.0 and WMR rather than admit the failing. Its a sign of the times I'm afraid.

blazegmc
08-15-2010, 02:47 AM
WOW no response. cant say im shocked.

Cheryl Wester
08-15-2010, 02:39 PM
We are aware of some of the issues some people are experiencing with the new version. We do feel it is much improved and are already making improvements based on customer feedback. We are currently testing a new update to Replay Media Catcher 4 that is working great so far with BBC and when further testing is done it will be available for an update-probably this week. I believe you will be pleased.

Cheryl Wester
08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Oops-if you want tech support you do get it through the website. We help on the discussion board when we can but this is for our customers to share ideas also. When you need fast assistance do contact us at tech support.