PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music Registration Codes

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Hi,
Is anyone having a problem starting Replay Music this morning, a message comes up saying invalid registration code. I have a licence also for my laptop and the same message comes up even with a different Registartion code. Post a thread below if you are having the same problem.
I have contacted Applian support and awaiting reply.
Cheers
S

zootime
08-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Yep same problem here.
I even ran the Clear code utility(which worked fine) but when it cam to reenter my code at startup the registration code was rejected then as well.
Working OK (well as well as RM can work) in demo mode.
Alan

Shytalker
08-04-2010, 03:01 AM
And again, same problem.

Had a windows update yesterday!

Mike

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 03:08 AM
Thanks guys,
It's good to know (if you get my meaning) that others are having the same problems. I also used the clear code utility and reinstalled the software, same problems.
Have you contacted Applian? They are very good at getting back and excellent customer service.
I wonder if it was the windows update? Could be just something their end.
Thanks agin for replying to the thread, anyone else that reads this will know it's not just them.
S

BQuicksilver
08-04-2010, 03:14 AM
Add me to the list, the program says I have a valid registration, but gives this error when trying to record. Help!

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm sure Applian are on to it. Lots of us having the same problems.

zootime
08-04-2010, 03:18 AM
I sent in a ticket this morning 07:05 UK time, but I think they may all be in bed as it doesn't appear to have been looked at yet.
Alan

shridd
08-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Also logged this fault early this morning - about 7am - from UK.

Thought it may be due to the '5 uses' before you need to get Applian to reset the counter on their server but seemingly not the case this time.

Not heard anything here yet either.

Applian are usually very quick to reply so not sure what the problem is - but then again it is only 7am in USA now.....

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 04:22 AM
What are the five uses? Not heard of that?
Like you say it's early there so I'm sure we will hear back from our tickets once they've started their day.
Cheers all for replying

kip70
08-04-2010, 06:10 AM
I've just had this problem. I re-installed latest version of software - nothing. Cleared code using clear code utility and again nothing. Then I requested my code again and this time when I inputted it I deleted everything after the -. Now works fine again.

netropolistech
08-04-2010, 06:11 AM
I am experiencing the same thing.

cgmarshall
08-04-2010, 06:32 AM
i also have the same issue. are they trying to fix it?

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Is it still working. I have tried deleting after the - but no success. Anyone successful? (Earlier post from Kip70 suggested deleting the numbers after the - (dash).

netropolistech
08-04-2010, 06:37 AM
Does not sound like they are trying to fix it. I guess no one from tech support or Applian monitors this forum

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 06:40 AM
I and a few others have sent request tickets to Applian, remember they are in a different time zone to us. Just have to be patient, I know they will solve the issue once they set their tech guys on to it. S

Musicman
08-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Yea... I'm having the same problem. THere seems to be a lot of problems lately...

shridd
08-04-2010, 07:16 AM
'5 uses' ....

You can install the software from scratch (eg if you re-format your drives or install onto a new PC) and re-register 5 times - if you try a 6th time it will refuse to validate as the Applian server that handles the activation locks you out. This is a security thing to help prevent piracy. If you contact Applian when this happens they'll re-zero the counter and you get another 5 installations before it needs resetting again.

Bit of a pain for me as I wipe out my systems every few months and re-install everything as a matter of course... and then there's the system crashes that have need the system re-building too....

shridd
08-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Anybody heard anything yet?

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Anybody heard anything yet?

No nothing yet. I bought another reg code for my laptop today and that didn't work, so not the 5 uses in this case, just an issue with Applian servers I guess which will be solved.
Cheryl from Applian will let us know when they are on to fixing it.
Steve

Cheryl Wester
08-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks. We are aware of this issue and looking into it. It is a high priority. I would suggest you check every few hours to see if it is working for you. We appreciate your patience with this

cgmarshall
08-04-2010, 07:29 AM
Yea I think we are all just going to have to wait for the different time zone to catch up with us...

In the mean time to keep boredom away does anyone have any good websites?
I found this one the other day: kinda fun

http://naturesoundsfor.me/

cgmarshall

shridd
08-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Went to update my Job Ticket details....
And now getting this auto-response...

"ACTIVATION CODE ERRORS: Due to a temporary server issue, activation codes may be reported as invalid. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

No need to submit a support request. Your codes will begin working again as soon as the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your patience."

So looking like a case of just sitting steady now and waiting....

shridd
08-04-2010, 07:36 AM
ARRRGGGGHHHHH!
You're all ahead of me!! :D

kip70
08-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Mistake it's just locked me out again saying I've hit demo limit and code is invalid!

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
Went to update my Job Ticket details....
And now getting this auto-response...

"ACTIVATION CODE ERRORS: Due to a temporary server issue, activation codes may be reported as invalid. We are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

No need to submit a support request. Your codes will begin working again as soon as the problem is resolved.

Thanks for your patience."

So looking like a case of just sitting steady now and waiting....

Just like I said, it would be looked into and Cheryl would let us know. Great customer sevice, at least they let us know what is going on.
:D

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 08:35 AM
I have just tried inserting my Registration codes and they worked. All seems to be fixed. Give it a go.
Steve

cgmarshall
08-04-2010, 09:07 AM
working again yeaaaaa!

Scubasa1
08-04-2010, 09:51 AM
A server problem that caused false invalid activation code messages has been resolved. We're very sorry for any inconvenience. An overnight move to a new server caused this rare and unexpected glitch. The problem has been fixed. All codes are now working as they should.

Best Regards,

Debbie McCormick
Director of Technology
Applian Technologies, Inc.

shridd
08-04-2010, 10:50 AM
Yep...working here too!

Appears there was a switch of servers overnight and things went wrong....