PDA

View Full Version : FLV to AVI "xvid"

MelVic
07-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Hello all, im using xp sp2..i tried converter 3.4 a while ago and this did a great job with flv to avi "xvid" high quality format.

so i downloaded the converter 4.0 demo and the avi "xvid" doesnt work however the avi "mpeg" does work, i prefer xvid.

then i downloaded converter 4.05 demo and the avi "xvid" doesnt work however the avi "mpeg" does work, i prefer xvid.

im almost ready to format c: drive install windows xp sp2 then try converter 4.05 by itself

any ideas as to why the old works and the new wont ??

Thanks

Mark

Cheryl Wester
07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
We would need to see log files for each of these to determine differences. Also, was it the same file for each-if it wasn't it could be that the file caused the issue. The next time you have an issue contact tech support and let them know what you are trying to convert to and from. Then send it with a log file.

MelVic
07-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Hello, yes it was the same file ive also tried other files on both with the same result the older version is ok the new 4.05 doesnt work ive also tried version 4.0 and the avi "xvid" doesnt work either. does the new version avi "xvid" set at highest quality work for you ?