PDA

View Full Version : RMC4: Hitting stop won't stop stream + FLV conversion

zarar
07-30-2010, 10:33 AM
If I play a Justin.tv or any other stream and try recording it using RMC4, the recording is working fine but when I want to stop recording. I just hit the big red button which turns green but doesn't actually stop the recording. I can still see the file size increasing with each second. This has to be a bug, right?

Also, when I try to convert an FLV file, it just gives me a file of the same name with size 0.

I've made a video of what I'm talking about:

http://www.twitvid.com/8YGML

Any ideas?

stream-recorder.com
07-30-2010, 11:54 AM
If I play a Justin.tv or any other stream and try recording it using RMC4, the recording is working fine but when I want to stop recording. I just hit the big red button which turns green but doesn't actually stop the recording. I can still see the file size increasing with each second. This has to be a bug, right?

When you hit the big red button, no NEW streams will be detected and recorded. The ones that are being downloaded/recorded will not be stopped. So this is not a bug.

Also, when I try to convert an FLV file, it just gives me a file of the same name with size 0.
This should be a bug. I recommend to submit a support ticket.

zarar
07-30-2010, 03:23 PM
When you hit the big red button, no NEW streams will be detected and recorded. The ones that are being downloaded/recorded will not be stopped. So this is not a bug.

So how do you go about gracefully stopping a stream? Will hitting 'cancel' be good enough?

stream-recorder.com
07-31-2010, 12:07 AM
So how do you go about gracefully stopping a stream? Will hitting 'cancel' be good enough?
Sorry for not mentioning this. Cancel is exactly what you need to hit to stop recording particular streams.