PDA

View Full Version : RMC 3.11 fails to record BBC iPlayer streams

castalla
07-27-2010, 07:03 AM
This has suddenly started in the last few days.

The stream fails with the blue double-arrow icon - if I delete and rerecord it sometimes works, or just does the same again. It took about 20 attempts to get one programme!

RMC has worked perfectly for months! I'm at a loss to discover the problem.

Advice please.

Jeff Lenney
07-27-2010, 10:51 PM
This has suddenly started in the last few days.

The stream fails with the blue double-arrow icon - if I delete and rerecord it sometimes works, or just does the same again. It took about 20 attempts to get one programme!

RMC has worked perfectly for months! I'm at a loss to discover the problem.

Advice please.

What version of Replay Media Catcher are you currently using?

castalla
07-28-2010, 06:41 AM
I'm using RMC version 3.11

The latest rtmp stream I'm having problems with seems to use port 1935

It's just stopped again for the 5th time!!!

Just what does the blue arrow icon mean?

---------------------------------------------------

Later:

I rebooted the PC. started download of same iPlayer stream from scratch. This time it's using port 80.

Still waiting for download to finish .... and it crashed at 3.4 MB

This is getting so frustrating.

castalla
07-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Another failure - but this time I've got a log:

Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
Media was saved anyway:
C:\Users\bb\Documents\My Recordings\RBN2_radio_4_fm_-_monday_2000_b00t3y3c_2010_07_26_19_51_26.mp4_0846 9F97.flv
Exception:
m_nErrType = 6

Does this help?

Cheryl Wester
07-28-2010, 06:07 PM
Some streams with BBC are streaming differently than others. When this happens you need to have the entire file play as it is recording and not downloading. We are aware of this issue and the developer is always looking into ways to improve and enhance our programs.

castalla
07-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the reply. So to clarify: you're saying this is a 'known' problem? And the 'fix' is to keep the iPlayer window open while capturing?

castalla
07-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Sadly, nothing seems to 'cure' this problem - it is so frequent now that RMC is almost unusable after years of error free use.

Could I get some practical advice or clarification, please?

Cheryl Wester
08-01-2010, 08:47 AM
It is not a problem with the program it is due to the wawy that BBC is streaming. We are seeing if there is a way to work around this.

castalla
08-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Interesting - today it is impossible to capture anything ... the stream starts with 3 separate 'captures' then ends with the magnifying glass after a few megabytes - more often than not RMC then crashes totally. replicated this on both Vista and Win7.

So, at the moment, RMC 3 is effectively 'broken'?

castalla
08-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Bizarre - after hours of attempts and full crashes - suddenly I captured a stream without problems.

stream-recorder.com
08-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Interesting - today it is impossible to capture anything ... the stream starts with 3 separate 'captures' then ends with the magnifying glass after a few megabytes - more often than not RMC then crashes totally. replicated this on both Vista and Win7.
Replay Media Catcher 3 crashes sometimes. Some users were able to solve this:
Replay Meida Catcher locks up my browsers

Replay Media Catcher 4 is absolutely different. It doesn't have this problem.

castalla
08-03-2010, 04:01 AM
There is neither rhyme nor reason in your explanations.

How can I sometimes capture, then later it fails with the blue arrow - I still have no idea what this means!?

As I said, this happens no matter what the BBC port is.

I'm talking about 3 yet you keep referring to version 4.

Can I please get a coherent answer about this problem?

castalla
08-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Still struggling with this ... here's the latest eror exception:

m_nErrType = 5
m_strDesc = "Connection was closed by remote host"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 128

Any chance of some feedback on this issue, please?!

WMRecorder
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Try to use WM Recorder 14.7 from www.wmrecorder.com. In TURBO mode you can record a 3 hour radio show in less than 5 minutes. You can also schedule recordings of live radio shows and if you live in UK you can record BBC videos too.

riv-dogg
08-09-2010, 01:16 AM
I don't understand what Wmrecorder is - it looks like other Applian products, but isn't on the site - & why should we pay for it - we've already paid for our Applian Licenses? - Perhaps someone from Applian would like to comment, because I'm confused.

castalla
08-09-2010, 05:02 AM
I agree with you. It's infuriating to be told to purchase another variant from the same company! The so-called demo is useless - only records 5 mins. That's useless for any decent testing purposes - a 5 day full-feature trial might be more acceptable especially for users who've already purchased an Applian product.

castalla
08-11-2010, 03:22 AM
Don't know why I'm bothering, but here's another failure:

Sorry, could only download a partial RTMP stream
Media was saved anyway:
C:\Users\bb\Documents\My Recordings\b00sj89y_1281457856.mp4_C215D8FB.flv
Exception:
m_nErrType = 6
m_strDesc = "recv() amf chunk failed"
m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
m_nLineNumber = 858

myersph
08-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Could this be the same problem as as answered in my post 'RMC total waste of time with BBC iplayer!!'. I too have been able to record some things from the BBC but not everything. Eg some eps of top gear are good but no chance with Sherlock.

I just recorded two episodes of Sherlock on RMC3.11 and a third one is in progress. The 90 minute programmes downloaded in 13 mins at the same time ie. in parallel. Third one would not start until other two had completed.

Just to add - all three programmes eventually worked fine with 3.11 but I had to re-record in real time by switching off the fast record feature. I had forgotten the 60 minute rule and these were 90mins. The quality is fine and the voice and picture in sync.