PDA

View Full Version : I cannot get sound out of the BBC I-Player when recording

Bob740
07-24-2010, 01:25 PM
I cannot get sound out of the BBC I-Player when recording. They use the BBC Media Player v.2.24.18269.21576. The movies are viewed as Adobe Flash 10, but when downloaded they are WMA, and scrambled.
I can find nothing that will convert them.
This is the URL to the BBC I-player where I download from. I have no problem with sound on any other web site. This is the URL: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00p27kc/b00p27bq/Johnny_Cash_The_Story_of_Folsom_Prison/

Jeff Lenney
07-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Hey Bob

What operating system are you using now?

Thanks!

Bob740
07-26-2010, 07:35 PM
hello jeff, I am using win7 home edition. the computer is a sony laptop vgn-fw351j. the only way it will record sound otherwise is to let the sound play through the speakers of the pc. if i plug-in head phone's to kill the speakers, it also kills the sound to the replay video capture. this makes the program practially useless.

Cheryl Wester
07-26-2010, 08:04 PM
Please run the audio test. If that doesn't work even though you are using Windows 7 check the Vista box and give it a try.

Bob740
07-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Cheryl, I just tried your suggestion. I did put it on Vista, and the modulation went flat, no sound at all. I then unchecked Vista, and there was modulation. The slider to control volume has no effect or control what so ever. I am getting modulation from my television speakers across the room. I have changed every audio setting in the computer with no effect.

Bob740
07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
I have disabled the microphone, and the camera in the computer. Still there is modulation of the volume bars. The slider still has no effect at all.

Cheryl Wester
07-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Please contact us at tech support with detailed information as to what link you are using, any error messages, what the program is doing or not doing, etc.

Bob740
07-30-2010, 07:13 AM
There is no more detailed information to give other than what I have already given in previous post. I am not receiving any error messages. I have the problem with ANY link. It appears the only other thing I can do is to find a program that does the same thing as yours, if there is one.

I did a uninstall, and reinstall. In my system it shows only .45MB being installed. On your download splash screen it shows a file size of 8.4MB. Which is correct? I had to use my previous down load to install the program. I tried to download again, but your program would not allow me to save the file.

Bob740
07-30-2010, 10:32 AM
I finally got the new program downloaded, and installed, after uninstalling the old one and rebooting. This is beginning to make me feel like a Beta Tester.
While the new program was installing, it sent a popup asking if I had, or wanted to turn on quadrafonic speakers (something to that effect). I checked no, continued installing.
Now the program is working, giving me sound without outside interference, although the speakers modulation bars are inactive, and the slider bar does not function. It seems as if something is disabled in the program, but with no ill effect to the recording, and recording the movie sound. Matter of fact, the modulation bars turned blue, the same as the background, and they cannot be seen.
Someone has a lot of work to do on this program in my opinion.

Cheryl Wester
07-30-2010, 08:36 PM
This is the first report I have ever had of the slider bar not functioning. I have just been testing that on several machines and it is working on all that I have tested. Also, the speaker bars only work if recording and using something from your system such as stereo mix. If you use our recording (such as Vista) the speaker bars don't modulate.