PDA

View Full Version : Convert from DVR-MS?

koosdhr
09-02-2008, 12:06 PM
DVR-MS is Microsoft's format for TV programs that are recorded using their Media Center software. I was hoping that 3.0 would be able to convert these files into more usable formats, but it is not in the list of supported formats. Does anybode have any clue when Replay Converter will support DVR-MS as input?

Thanks!
Koos

Cheryl Wester
09-02-2008, 06:29 PM
We are always working on improving our program. At the present time the developer is not planning an update to the different format that you have requested that I'm aware of. He is always updating the program, however, so make sure you have the latest version as you never know.

Waltd
11-02-2008, 06:04 PM
DVR-MS is Microsoft's format for TV programs that are recorded using their Media Center software. I was hoping that 3.0 would be able to convert these files into more usable formats, but it is not in the list of supported formats. Does anybode have any clue when Replay Converter will support DVR-MS as input?

Thanks!
Koos
I spent a lot of time digging around the Microsoft Media Center Help files. They state that the “dvr-ms” Format is an mp4 file type wrapped in Microsoft Media Center Information.

Try this:

1. Make a copy the file to convert… just for protection.
2. Rename the copied file extension from “dvr-ms” to “mp4”. Just disregard the MS warning about renaming files.
3. Run the Replay Converter and it seems to convert fine

I have only tried this once and I converted to a “wmv” file and it seemed to work fine.

Waltd
12-17-2008, 11:06 PM
I have converted from "dvr-ms" as outlined above.
After changing the file extension to "mp4" I have converted to "wmv" and "avi" successfully. The other formats had problems.