PDA

View Full Version : RMC 4.0.2 x64 Install problems

Joe2010
07-20-2010, 11:45 AM
I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and RMC 4.0.2 refuses to install. I get the following error:

Error 1001: An exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of aaq. --> Applian driver installation failed: -2147180503.
Please uninstall any existing version of this software, reboot your machine and try again. Alternatively email [email protected] and provide this error code: -2147180503

I removed all my Applain programs, just in case there was a conflict, rebooted multiple times and get the same error every time. Version 3.11B works fine. I even tried to see if the 32bit version of 4.0.2 will install, but it says that I must install the 64bit version. Any suggestions?

stream-recorder.com
07-20-2010, 11:04 PM
RMC 4.0.2. works fine for me in Windows 7 Professional x64.

You should Submit a support ticket (https://secure.applian.com/help/index.php?pid=newticket&user=&department=39)

Joe2010
07-21-2010, 08:52 AM
I sent an email as requested in the error dialog and support was able to resolve the issue. Turned out I had to increase the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Network\MaxNumFilters from the default of 8 to something higher as my PC had used up the default amount. It's working now. I am really impressed at the prompt response/support I got from Applian.

Jeff Lenney
07-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I sent an email as requested in the error dialog and support was able to resolve the issue. Turned out I had to increase the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Network\MaxNumFilters from the default of 8 to something higher as my PC had used up the default amount. It's working now. I am really impressed at the prompt response/support I got from Applian.

Hey Joe, thanks for the update and i'm happy to hear you were able to resolve your issue. :-)