PDA

View Full Version : Need an easy way to tag genre for Replay AV recordings

HuggingTigger
07-17-2010, 07:10 AM
Hi, first time poster here. Hoping you guys can help me out!

I just got a Zune HD. The Zune software does not recognize the bookmarking functionality of .m4b files. It will play them, but it won't bookmark them. I like my recordings to be bookmarkable. I go back and forth between different recordings from time to time, and I sync the recordings to my portable player and back.

The workaround for this problem is to change the genre to Podcast. The software will think they are podcasts and will save you place. Replay AV doesn't allow you to change the genre tag; it's always Replay AV. When you change the genre in the Zune software, it doesn't recognize the change unless you remove the song from your collection and then restore it again, so it's kind of a pain. There are some shows I'm recording daily, so it's not a one-time thing.

Does anyone know an easier way? Ideally, I'd like this to be automatic, with no intervention from me. Is it possible to add this feature to Replay AV, to tag the genre? Barring that, does anyone else have any ideas of how I could accomplish this easily?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Cheryl Wester
07-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Our program is not able to rename Podcasts. It downloads and names them based on the metadata received. At this time I don't know of another solution for you.

HuggingTigger
07-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Our program is not able to rename Podcasts. It downloads and names them based on the metadata received. At this time I don't know of another solution for you.

Perhaps I didn't explain well.

I am not using Replay AV to capture podcasts. I am recording a radio show. What I am wanting to do is change the genre of the recorded show from the default "Replay AV" to "Podcast." Replay AV is really powerful software; it seems like it should have a feature to allow you to choose the genre a recording will be tagged with rather than always applying the genre of "Replay AV." But since Replay AV does not allow you to choose the genre the recording will be tagged with, I am wondering if anyone knows an easy (and perhaps) automatic way to get the tag changed.

Thanks!