PDA

View Full Version : Recording errors when recording Digital Tutors videos

manslayer13
07-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Hello,

I'm new to using the Reply Media Catcher and mainly I wanted to use it for recording online tutorials so I can watch it later on my laptop when I'm traveling. I'm having some problems recording from this site called Digital Tutors (www.digitaltutors.com).

RMC works fine on videos that are free to view and on their mainly site. However, after you register and sign in, you have to lauch to their library to view all the paid videos (monthly charge for stream videos). A new php page comes up when you do this and their are custom navigatiion and players on this page. All of the videos on this page come up as errors when RMC picks them up. Here is what the error says:

Recording of
Download file: c1fabc81-2c89-44fc-83d9-0b2dbc24b867.flv
Started at: 7/15/2010 9:30 PM
Queued for downloading
Starting RTMPE download ...
Detecting file name ...
File name detection complete
Demo Mode - 50% of on-demand or 1 minute of live streams will be captured.
*** Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details ***
Fixing file ...
Not a valid FLV file
Detecting file name from tags ...
No title tag could be extracted
File name detection complete
Complete with errors. Double click to view.

Hopefully, some one have an idea if I'm doing something wrong or the site have some kind of security measure. If someone experienced is kind enough to register and try out this site, that would be wonderful.

BTW, I'm using the free trial version of RMC. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks in advance!

stream-recorder.com
07-15-2010, 09:13 PM
RMC doesn't support RTMPE streams anymore:
http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/support/secure-rtmp-measures.php

Cheryl Wester
07-16-2010, 01:50 PM
Do try our Replay Video Capture program. It works great on sites that you can't capture in any other way. Thanks.

frenchrl86
08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Any chance they will support RTMPE Streams in the future?

stream-recorder.com
08-10-2010, 01:46 PM
Any chance they will support RTMPE Streams in the future?
Applian was supporting RTMPE in the past, so I don't think there is technical problem. So this is a question to Adobe, whether they will allow 3rd party software to support RTMPE.