PDA

View Full Version : imeem problem

batgirl
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I am trying to use Replay Media Catcher to capture video on imeem. I have watched the tutorial video and followed the instructions there, but it still doesn't work. When I navigate to imeem, sometimes RMC captures the two .tmp files, as it is supposed to, and sometimes one or the other of those files closes just before it finishes. Also, whenever I do manage to start capturing a video, it attempts to capture a .tmp file, not a .flv file, and that file always closes before its done. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

batgirl

goldwings98se
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
I am trying to use Replay Media Catcher to capture video on imeem. I have watched the tutorial video and followed the instructions there, but it still doesn't work. When I navigate to imeem, sometimes RMC captures the two .tmp files, as it is supposed to, and sometimes one or the other of those files closes just before it finishes. Also, whenever I do manage to start capturing a video, it attempts to capture a .tmp file, not a .flv file, and that file always closes before its done. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

batgirl

I have been able to capture from IMEEM but I have had to select Settings and enable the Web Stream Dumper. After that it always seems the first stream I try to capture gets the same as you describe where it captures .tmp and whatever format the stream is supposed to be (MP3, FLV, etc). After that first file then the rest of them capture with only 1 file and it's usually a .MP3. If I am capturing audio streams I just manually rename the file to .MP3.
Also remember that when you use the Web Stream Dumper you have to let the entire stream play/download before you navigate away from it because the Dumper is capturing what the browser is receiving so when you navigate away from the stream then the stream stops and so does the capture.

I have also seen where Replay Media Catcher is haphazard in it's ability to rename the file. Some streams I have captured from IMEEM get renamed with the Artists and Song but 'most' of them either get named as unknown artists-unknown title or they don't get renamed at all.

It seems that recently Applian changed the provider they use for ID tagging and the new provider they switched to really sucks.

batgirl
09-06-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanks so much for your help with this. Using your advice, I finally got it to work! In order to finally get the .flv file to start recording, I have to restart the video over and over again - about 5 times usually does it - and it eventually works. Thanks again!

batgirl