PDA

View Full Version : RMC crashing computer :-(

zoreo
08-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I'm having a major problem using Replay Media Catcher because when I go to most video sites instead of just downloading the video I've clicked to watch- RMC begins downloading dozens of videos (and often multiple copies of each) until the computer becomes totally choked and freezes. How can I stop this? I only want it to download one video at a time- and only the one I wish to download.

Thanks-
zoreo

Cheryl Wester
08-31-2008, 03:25 PM
The program doesn't know that you only want to download one video so it grabs all of the URLs that it can. I often use this feature to download numerous songs from Pandora at the same time. You would be surprised as to how many people that do want the commercials and other items.

If the program is crashing your system please contact tech support for this issue. They will need more info from you. Thanks.

zoreo
09-02-2008, 08:51 AM
What happens is when I go to a website that has many videos listed (as most do) the computer begins downloading all of them at the same time. I have a fast internet connection but the computer can only handle so much- the CPU goes to 100% and the RAM overflows. Soon the computer is so overwhelmed that the mouse stops working and the computer freezes. The only thing I can do at this point is shut off the computer and reboot the system. I just want a way to select one file at a time to download so I can keep control of the process.

Tasha Heinlein
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
What happens is when I go to a website that has many videos listed (as most do) the computer begins downloading all of them at the same time. I have a fast internet connection but the computer can only handle so much- the CPU goes to 100% and the RAM overflows. Soon the computer is so overwhelmed that the mouse stops working and the computer freezes. The only thing I can do at this point is shut off the computer and reboot the system. I just want a way to select one file at a time to download so I can keep control of the process.

Could you give an example of a site this happens on? Unless all of the videos are playing, it shouldn't be capturing everything on the page. For example, there are many videos offered on YouTube, but it should only capture the videos that are playing, not every video on YouTube.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.

zoreo
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Could you give an example of a site this happens on? Unless all of the videos are playing, it shouldn't be capturing everything on the page. For example, there are many videos offered on YouTube, but it should only capture the videos that are playing, not every video on YouTube.

Well I know it often happens on Google Video (http://video.google.com) for one- but not always- that's what I don't understand- why it happens sometimes and not others. But when it does happen my download folder will be filled up with dozens and dozens of short little files that end with "_bind". I don't know what these are- they just seem to take up space but don't do anything.