PDA

View Full Version : 1:30 minute files from converted Sirius audio

codemonkeydave
06-30-2010, 02:33 PM
So this is an interesting one.

I recently purchased and installed Replay A/V and have the following versions installed:

Replay AV Version 8.81
Replay Converter version 4.00

I set up two daily scheduled recordings from Sirius set to split at 5 minute intervals and convert to MP3 (128 Kbps). I had this set up and working for Monday and Tuesday and they came through just fine. I woke up this morning and the first recording had nothing but 1:30 minute MP# files in the final folder. The second show is recording now and I'm seeing the same behavior.

I'm listening to the Sirius show using the player in Replay AV now and there is no interruption in the signal. I haven't made any hardware/software changes this week at all so I'm not sure what could have changed. I have a fully registered version so it shouldn't be related to any demo restrictions. I've searched the forums and haven't been able to find any assistance. Help please!

Specs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
RAM 4.00 GB
Windows 7 64-bit operating system
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

codemonkeydave
06-30-2010, 02:56 PM
I just changed the setting to leave the original file before conversion. The Original file is 5:20 minutes like it was yesterday. It seems as though this is a problem with the converter application itself.

I checked to make sure I have the full version installed and not a demo version. I opened the converter and clicked options. The "Enter Registration Code" button is grayed out and the log file has the following entry:

Wed Jun 30 1:44:12 PM User has registered version

Interestingly enough I noticed this entry in my log as well:

Wed Jun 30 2:49:05 PM [asf @ 0x2ac8540]max_analyze_duration reached
input #0, asf, from '[FILE NAME]':
metadata:
wmfsdkversion : 10.00.00.4054
wmfsdkneeded : 0.0.0.0000
isvbr : 0
duration: 00:05:20.79, start: 3.000000, bitrate: 129 kb/s
stream #0.0(eng): audio: wmav2, 44100 hz, 2 channels, s16, 128 kb/s
stream #0.1(eng): data: 0x0000, 1 kb/s
output #0, mp3, to '[FILE NAME]
Wed Jun 30 2:49:08 PM [libmp3lame @ 0x2ace5e0]lame: output buffer too small (buffer index: 9195, free bytes: 597)
audio encoding failed

Hope this helps.

dfelix419
06-30-2010, 03:58 PM
I also ran into this issue today with the current 8.81 build plus the 8.76 build. I have about 10 XM shows that are record everyday. All of them recorded with no problem until it came time for the file to be converted into .mp3 (128Kbps). All of my shows started the conversion process and quickly ended with only 00:1:30 of show recorded.
I had another recording about 3 hours in, I copied the .CAP file to my desktop and manually ran it through the Replay Converter using the .wma format. It correctly converted the audio file. I had my 3 hour recording. The problem happens when the application starts the conversion process. When using both the application and the converter separately, they work fine. ReplayAV falls down during the conversion process.
Please hurry and fix this issue. Missing a BUNCH of shows...
Thanks

dfelix419
06-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Until they fix this issue, I setup a duplicate recording of my shows and chose NOT to convert my files. When the recording has completed, go to the directory, take the raw .asf file (unconverted file) and manually import it into the Replay Converter. From there, you can convert it into any format you want (.wma, .mp3, etc)
This allows me to still record and listen to the full show. Hopefully, this issue will be fixed with a new build, so I don't have waste my time going through all of this to listen to the full show.

Cheryl Wester
06-30-2010, 05:33 PM
We are aware of this issue and the developer hopes to have it fixed shortly. In the meantime do a recording without converting. Then open up the converter and convert using the converter as a standalone program.

tcupp
06-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Same issue here but with XM Radio Online. I did a complete reinstall with the newest version and it did not fix the problem. I look forward to the fix.

dfelix419
07-01-2010, 12:19 PM
I think this issue is fixed.. All of my files were converted today. For every recording, I set up a duplicate recording that did not convert the file. I checked this morning and my original files were properly converted. So i didn't need manually convert my duplicate files..

chewypgh
07-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I think this issue is fixed.. All of my files were converted today. For every recording, I set up a duplicate recording that did not convert the file. I checked this morning and my original files were properly converted. So i didn't need manually convert my duplicate files..

I was having the same problem, but all of my files were properly converted today. Looks like the issue has been resolved.

Cheryl Wester
07-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Thank you-yes it should now be working correctly.

Flat_Timmy
07-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Not working again. Worked last evening and this morning. Show recorded at 7 pm on 101 tonight convered to 1:30 mp3. Manually converted asf using convert/transfer feature. Got another 1:30 mp3. Had to open the windows media audio/video file version in wavepad and save as mp3. That did the trick.

larryg
07-03-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm having the same problem when converting a radio show recording. It was happening every once in a while and now it's every time.

stream-recorder.com
07-04-2010, 12:46 AM
It is a general conversion problem not related to Sirius or XM radio:
AV8 only capturing 1 min 30 sec of recordings

p.s. I would recommend to close this thread.

Cheryl Wester
07-04-2010, 11:53 PM
This issue appears to be resolved. Thanks for your patience while we worked on this.