PDA

View Full Version : Replay Converter 3.0 beta

Debbie McCormick
03-01-2008, 09:19 PM
EDITED 8/1/2008 - Replay Converter 3.0 Beta 2 is now available. Download here:

http://applian.com/replay-converter/demo.php

Note for Replay A/V Customers : If you're using Replay A/V, you'll still need to have Replay Converter 2.x installed on your PC. Replay Converter 3 and Replay Converter 2 can co-exist.
This demo is fully functional, except for a watermark added to videos. Audio conversions are limited to 90 seconds. This version will burn DVD's, has faster conversions and more. You can see a complete list of what's new here.
(http://www.applian.com/blog/updates/replay-converter.html)
We look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!

petrogia
03-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Replay Converter 3 is close to public release. This new version will include a much requested feature: Burn your converted files to DVD.

Replay Converter 3 also sports a new user interface and many improvements.

Download the beta here:
http://www.applian.com/files/RCSetup300.exe

Thanks!

My setup is:
Windows XP Home SP2, JAWS 9.0 screen reader, Replay AV 8.41

Replay Converter 3.0b8 installation was simple to do and accessible with JAWS 9. No issues.

Since I am using Replay AV 8 the Replay Converter 3b8 application installed over my existing Replay Converter 2.80 version.

In settings, control panel, add/remove, you will see a folder/program called Replay Converter 3b8.

Question I have is if I have to go back to Replay Converter 2.80 I understand I only have to uninstall Replay Converter 3.0b8 only but after this is done do I reboot my computer and then proceed to do the install of Replay Converter 2.80? Or a reboot is not required here? Just to be sure.

Thank you very much.

bbroyles
03-12-2008, 07:03 AM
I have tried to convert *.asf to mpeg, and wmv, but no joy! I tried turning off the wmv/asf option, but the converter just seems like it is in a loop, never ends.

I want to put asf file on DVD so it will play on TV/DVD setup.

TIA
Bill Broyles

petrogia
03-12-2008, 08:48 AM
I have tried to convert *.asf to mpeg, and wmv, but no joy! I tried turning off the wmv/asf option, but the converter just seems like it is in a loop, never ends.

I want to put asf file on DVD so it will play on TV/DVD setup.

TIA
Bill Broyles

Try this:
Choose the add files button within Replay Converter 3 beta and add just 1 short .asf file. Choose the open button within the dialog box. You will see the path and file you added in the main interface of Replay Converter 3 listbox now. Choose the "Burn" button. What I do here is look for the Convert Audio button and arrow down to Burn button. Follow the on screen information. Choose Burn to DVD option then burn button. At this point nothing is on my screen so I have to go to my desktop so I locate the burn to disk icon in the task bar tray and open it. Soon a new dialog box will appear asking you for NTSC or PAL (overseas tv standard), choose next button. On one of the screens you will be asked which burner device you want to burn to so make sure you choose the DVD Burner and the media type saids "DVD-R or DVD+R" and keep reading the screens and the burn will happen for you. This burned DVD will pay back on your stand alone DVD player. I have not done this for .asf file.

Don't forget to insert the DVD blank disk into your DVD burner drive. Also note the DVD blank disk can hold up to 120 minutes so make sure your files do not add up over that time amount.

Let us know how it goes.

I did burn a .wmv file to DVD+r to be played back on a stand alone DVD player/recorder with my tv set.

bbroyles
03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Joy to the world! Replay converter 3.0 Beta burned the DVD with no problems. Even though most have never even heard about the Microsoft .asf format, Applian has, and it ROCKS!

TIA
Bill

petrogia
03-13-2008, 08:33 AM
All right! Job well done! I am blind and love their products because they are accessible or being improved as time goes by. This company cares.

Susi
03-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes this company really does care and you can see it in their products it really shows. Also look at how fast a response you get to any question, no matter how small the question seems to be they take it seriously and reply promptly. GREAT JOB APPLIAN that is why you are number ONE 11111111111

Debbie McCormick
08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Replay Converter 3.0 Beta 2 is now available. Download here:

Note for Replay A/V Customers : If you're using Replay A/V, you'll still need to have Replay Converter 2.x installed on your PC. Replay Converter 3 and Replay Converter 2 can co-exist.This demo is fully functional, except for a watermark added to videos. Audio conversions are limited to 90 seconds. This version will burn DVD's, has faster conversions and more. You can see a complete list of what's new here.
(https://forum.applian.com/../../blog/updates/replay-converter.html)

petrogia
08-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Lets clear this up. I use Replay AV 8 which includes Replay Converter 2.80. The developer told me that Replay Converter 3.0 Beta 2 is a stand alone application and does not over write my existing Replay Converter 2.80 that came with Replay AV 8. The developer told me Replay Converter 2.80 will be as is. Not touched. He told me to install the Replay Converter 3.0 Beta 2 and then restart my computer then run Replay Converter 3 beta 2. So why are you saying to remove older versions of Replay Converter? Are you saying to those who only own Replay Converter and not Replay AV?

Replay Converter 3.0 Beta 2 is now available. Download here:

Important: Prior to installing version 3.0, please uninstall any previous version of Replay Converter, then re-boot your computer.

This demo is fully functional, except for a watermark added to videos. Audio conversions are limited to 90 seconds. This version will burn DVD's, has faster conversions and more. You can see a complete list of what's new here.
(https://forum.applian.com/../../blog/updates/replay-converter.html)

jss92
08-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Downloaded v 3.0 Beta 2 - still unable to succesfully convert .asf files created from At-Large Recorder 2 - audio sounds great, but frame only refreshes every several seconds making this combination NOT a solution for getting video (from Slingbox) on to my iPod. :(

Debbie McCormick
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I've modified the instructions.

Note for Replay A/V Customers : If you're using Replay A/V, you'll still need to have Replay Converter 2.x installed on your PC. Replay Converter 3 and Replay Converter 2 can co-exist.

Cheryl Wester
08-04-2008, 08:18 PM
You are able to have the Replay Converter Beta installed on your system while having the converter also installed in your AV. They are treated as two separate programs. Sorry for the confusion.

Mike Christensen
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
Downloaded v 3.0 Beta 2 - still unable to succesfully convert .asf files created from At-Large Recorder 2 - audio sounds great, but frame only refreshes every several seconds making this combination NOT a solution for getting video (from Slingbox) on to my iPod. :(

A new update of Replay Converter is coming out that will be able to convert the ASF files created by At-Large Recorder. This update should be ready in a couple days.

Best regards,

LTA
09-02-2008, 06:34 AM
Do we have a date for the integration of RC3 into RAV8?

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2008, 12:01 PM
We have not been given a date for this as of yet. Our developer is working on it and when it is ready it will be posted.