PDA

View Full Version : How To Automatically Start Replay AV in Windows 7 With UAC On

sgniwder
06-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi All,
As a new ReplayAV user, I've seen a few threads where Replay AV wasn't able to be automatically started with Windows 7 when UAC was turned on, so I needed to find a way around this as turning it off wasn't an option

Please follow the instructions below to automatically start Replay AV in Windows 7 With UAC Turned On.

1. Open the Start Menu, then type taskschd.msc in the search line and press enter.
NOTE: This will open Task Scheduler. This file is located at:
C:\Windows\system32\taskschd.msc.
2. In the far right pane, click on Create task.

3. Under the General tab, type ReplayAV in the "Name" of the program you want to create this shortcut for. Check the Run with highest privileges box. Select: Window 7m Windows Server 2008 R2 in the Configure for dropdown.

4. Click on the Actions tab, then on the New button.

5. Under "Action", select Start a program and click on the Browse button.

6. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Replay AV8\ReplayAV.exe file, then select it and click on
Open.

7. Click on OK.

8. Click on OK.

Close Task Scheduler.
9. Right click on an empty area of the desktop, then click on New and Shortcut.
10. Type in schtasks /run /tn ReplayAV for the location, then click on the Next button. (See screenshot below tip)
NOTE: Note the space after schtasks, run, and tn in the commands below.

For a Name without Spaces - For example, type:
schtasks /run /tn ReplayAV
For a Name with Spaces - You will need to have quotes around the name if it has spaces. For example, type:
schtasks /run /tn "Replay AV"

11. Type in a name you want for the shortcut (ex: ReplayAV), then click on the Finish button.

Change the ICON

12. Right click on the new Replay AV shortcut on the desktop, then click on Properties.
13. Click on the Shortcut tab and on the Change Icon button.

14. Click on OK.

15. Click on the Browse button.

16. Navigate to an icon file that you would like to use, then select it and click on Ok.
NOTE:In order to change the icon file to the official Replay AV one, This will need to be obtained from Applian. The file at C:\Program Files\Replay AV\ReplayAV.exe contains no icon files.

17. Click on OK.

18. Move the shortcut to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup to have it automatically start with Windows.

I have a full document with screen shots, but I am not allowed to post attachments. PM if you'd like to receive a copy.

Note: This specific guide was created after reviewing information atWindows Seven Forums. www.sevenforums.com (http://www.sevenforums.com)

sgniwder

bmhedrick
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Could you please send me the screen shots for autostarting ReplayAV in Win7? Thanks
[email protected]

OofyProsser
09-28-2010, 02:29 PM
I've tried this, twice, but still can't get RAV to load automatically, or without seeking permission via UAC. What could I be doing wrong? What is other peple's experience?

thetalk
09-29-2010, 12:49 PM
It worked for me on the first attempt, so I couldn't offer any first-hand troubleshooting tips. When you follow the steps above, do you find you have to vary from them anywhere (such as having to click "Close" somewhere instead of the "OK" suggested in the instructions?

OofyProsser
10-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Bingo! OK, got it now. I had obviously failed to get the new shortcut into the Startup folder, and still wasn't using the new shortcut to start the program. Now it's there and working fine.

I pulled the copy screenshots off the Windows Seven Forum, cited by the OP, so that I could be sure I was doing everything right. I think all steps were as stated in the instructions.

ronzie009
10-11-2010, 07:09 AM
It's simpler to set the task to start at logon. That's what I did. You don't have to do all that stuff with the shortcut.

PeterC
10-19-2010, 08:09 AM
I took some liberties with your instructions, and came up with this modified offer (with thanks also to ronzie009):

How To Automatically Start Replay AV in Windows 7 With UAC On at startup:

Please follow the instructions below to automatically start Replay AV in Windows 7 at startup With UAC Turned

On. Point 6a applies to Windows 7 64-bit if you installed Replay A/V in the default program files folder.

1. Open the Start Menu, then type taskschd.msc in the search line and press enter.
NOTE: This will open Task Scheduler. This file is located at:
C:\Windows\system32\taskschd.msc.

2. In the far right pane, click on Create task.

3. Under the General tab, type ReplayAV in the "Name" of the task you want to run. Check the Run with highest

privileges box. Select: Window 7m Windows Server 2008 R2 in the Configure for dropdown.

4. Click on the Actions tab, then on the New button.

5. Under "Action", select Start a program and click on the Browse button.

6. Navigate to the C:\Program Files\Replay AV8\ReplayAV.exe file,
(6a. For Windows 7 64-bit: Navigate to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Replay AV8\ReplayAV.exe )
then select it and click on Open.

7. Click on Triggers. Select New. Select At logon of any user. Click OK.

8. Click on Conditions. I unchecked all conditions. Click OK.

9. Click on Settings. I checked "Allow task to be run on demand" and "If the requested task does not end when

requested, force it to stop." (Otherwise, Replay doesn't end correctly if you close it manually, and this

scheduled task will still be running. This causes this scheduled task to stop.) Uncheck all other boxes. Keep "Do

not start a new instance" set. Click OK.

Note: In point 2 I chose to put my task in the library at the left side of the Window. I chose

Microsoft/Windows/Media Center as a folder. You can right-click on the folder and select Create Task. Then proceed

with the rest of the instructions above.

You can test your task by highlighting it in the top list of tasks, and clicking Run under Selected Task in the

right-hand pane.

PeterC
10-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Quick question:

Is there a qualifier I can add to the "C:\Program Files\Replay AV8\ReplayAV.exe" command in Task Scheduler to make Replay go right to the System Tray? I have another program that allows " /h" (for "hide" I guess), but that did not work in the Task Scheduler with Replay.

Example:

"C:\Program Files\Replay AV8\ReplayAV.exe /h" (this didn't work for me).