PDA

View Full Version : Trouble replaying video in WMP

mmurchison
06-18-2010, 08:47 AM
When playing the recorded video in Windows Media Played the video shuts down at random points and states:

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

It is strange because it will play fine for the first half of the video and then stop. I can then start the video over and start at the same spot as it left off and it will play fine for a little while and then repeat the problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheryl Wester
06-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Please make sure you are using the latest version of windows media player. Also, if you don't have extra codecs installed you might want to download a codec pack. Do a search on the Internet and there are tons that are free. Try playing the recording back with VLC Player (free) and see if it works better for you.

mmurchison
07-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I have tried VLC Player and it states that it has to repair the video and then only plays the first few minutes of the recorded video(video is almost an hour). The video is also out of sync with the sound.

I have tried recording two video conferences since and Windows media player plays the first 5 or so minutes fine and then just stops(without and error message). VLC again says that it must repair the video but then the same problem occurs as earlier. Help would be appreciated.

Cheryl Wester
07-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Make sure you are using the latest codecs for your system. If you don't have a codec pack download from the Internet. Personally, I used the k-lite one. See if that makes a difference.

mmurchison
07-09-2010, 12:23 PM
I installed the K-Lite codec pack. As for not I am able to play the last two files in Windows Media Center Classic. I believe the first file must have just been corrupt. Thank you for your help. It would be nice in the future to have the files in a format that can be played by current versions of WMP. Also is there a way to change the resolution of the video/sound? Once again thank you for your help

Jeff Lenney
07-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I installed the K-Lite codec pack. As for not I am able to play the last two files in Windows Media Center Classic. I believe the first file must have just been corrupt. Thank you for your help. It would be nice in the future to have the files in a format that can be played by current versions of WMP. Also is there a way to change the resolution of the video/sound? Once again thank you for your help

While I dont' have any exact ETA's of new updates, as this software is fairly new - we're working on updates constantly. Thanks for hanging in there :)

pantaydaya
08-16-2010, 04:31 PM
I just mentioned the sync side of things in another thread. I was also disappointed as I didn't intend to have to mess about converting this ..tweaking that...trying this etc. But as I am hoping it is being worked on and a fix is forthcoming I will refrain from asking for a refund. Hope some one from Applian answers this thread to put my mind at ease. All other Applian products are fantastic so i want to hang in there. :-)