PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music 3 / WINE / 2.1k zero duration files

mfr
06-06-2010, 03:46 AM
I know it's not at all supported, but I'm running Replay Music 3.95 to record from Spotify on Ubuntu using WINE. Surprisingly, it works!

There is one problem, however. Some of the music I record ends up at 0:00 duration, and the file size is 2.1k. Other tracks record, and are recognised without problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem (on any platform) and found a cause / solution.

Thanks,
David.

Cheryl Wester
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't use it on this but make sure you are following this order:
Open Replay Music
Select Start Recording
Our dialog box comes up
At the bottom it says to open website to record
Select that and our page comes up
Go back to the dialog box and select OK
Now, go to what you want to record.

stream-recorder.com
06-06-2010, 08:52 PM
I know it's not at all supported, but I'm running Replay Music 3.95 to record from Spotify on Ubuntu using WINE. Surprisingly, it works!

There is one problem, however. Some of the music I record ends up at 0:00 duration, and the file size is 2.1k. Other tracks record, and are recognised without problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem (on any platform) and found a cause / solution.
Hey David,

I would like to clarify something. Is it that during the same recording session that some tracks are recorded and others are not recorded at all?

mfr
06-19-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey, thanks for the reply and apologies for the delay in responding.

Yes, it is within the same session. I think it may be a particular track that's causing the problem, however, as I have now had two sessions where the application recorded flawlessly. I'll continue to test and report back.

It's amazing that Wine / Spotify / Replay combination works, and works well.