PDA

View Full Version : Recording Sirius Online

askcarl
08-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I downloaded AV replay and have tried to record Sirius but, the login page on AV only has input areas for channel, username and password. sirius has an extra input where you have to type in letters shown on the webpage.

So far, I've not been able to sign in AV to Sirius. Am I doing something wrong or am I just a bit dense?

Thanks,

askcarl

Cheryl Wester
08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Hi

Starting today Sirius is giving us an error. We are aware of this and the developer will be working on a fix. You are able to use the audio capture method, however. Just set it up for the Replay AV Audio Driver. The program will enter the captcha for you.

hball
08-29-2008, 08:14 PM
This has to be a change that Sirius has made themselves. I hope you come up with a fix soon . . .

as for the audio capture method, that's a poor fix, as I like to set the program to record at set times when I am away or asleep (Grateful Dead concerts at 9 a.m., 6 p.m., and midnite pst).

Tom Mayes
08-29-2008, 11:10 PM
The Capture by Recording Audio Output is an alternative, not a fix. This recording method option is always available to record the audio that is being played. We also prefer the Stream Capture ( Capture by Downloading ) method but not all streams can be downloaded. Therefore, it makes sense to have an audio / sound recording option. Please note that one can still schedule a recording when using this method. So, use this method to record Sirius until we can figure out if Stream Capture can once again be used.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

hball
08-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Could you explain further? I connected to Sirius using my account and once the music was playing, I selected "Record audio from speakers." This hasn't been too successful, as either I get timed out by Sirius within 20 minutes or less and/or I get a message that somebody else has logged in using my username/password and am logged out. I've contacted Sirius about this and get nothing but lame answers, none of which ring true.

Anyways, is this the method you mention, because I'm out of luck if this is the only other method.

hball

The Capture by Recording Audio Output is an alternative, not a fix. This recording method option is always available to record the audio that is being played. We also prefer the Stream Capture ( Capture by Downloading ) method but not all streams can be downloaded. Therefore, it makes sense to have an audio / sound recording option. Please note that one can still schedule a recording when using this method. So, use this method to record Sirius until we can figure out if Stream Capture can once again be used.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Tom Mayes
08-31-2008, 06:07 PM
You can certainly record the audio stream in the manner you mentioned but you then are responsible to manually kep the connection alive on the Sirius site. We designed Replay A/V to automatically keep the "Captcha" logged in. But the stream must be played through Replay A/Vs tuning mechanism as opposed to tuning from the Sirius site. So, open Replay A/V, click on a Sirius station from your manage show list and then either click Start Recording or the Properties link to set a schedule for the show. You need to have a Sirius station from the Media Guide to have Replay A/V do all the automation. Thee only difference between recording Sirius currently is that in the Properties window, Recording tab one must now make sure to enable "Capture by Recording Audio Output" as opposed to "Capture by Downloading".

Tom.

hball
09-01-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks so much, I wish I had asked sooner . . . I missed three great Dead shows trying to record them the other way.:(

hball

Going through the media guide worked but seconds after starting recording, it stopped, and when it started again, the music was stuck in a loop. It then gave me an error message and closed out Replay A/V. I did click on send details of the error . .
The error report goes to Microsoft and was much too long to try and write down . . . I did write down this one thing:

C:\DOCUME~1\HENRYB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\549c_appcompat. txt

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
We have an update that should work for you. Give it a try: http://applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

hball
09-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Downloaded it, am trying it right now and it seems to be working. Much thanks,

hball:D

maxrenn
09-15-2008, 03:07 AM
Hello, i'm not a subscriber of Sirius (yet!). I would like to know if Replay A/V
records those streams and splits/tags individual songs ?
Seing your tutorials it seems that it records whole shows (interesting for talk
shows but not for music).
If Replay A/V does not the job, could you tell me if Replay Music does it ? (Would be interesting to know if there's enough silence between songs to let
RM split the tracks correctly).

Thanks for reading.

Tom Mayes
09-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Please make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of Replay A/V which fixed the issue to record Sirius streams in Stream Capture mode. You can download from the following link: http://www.applian.com/downloads.php

When doing a recording or tuning to the stations stream within Replay A/V, you do not need to do anything further on the Siurius site. Replay A/V's mechanics will automatically log in to start the stream. A user just needs to make sure that the correct login and password are entered in their respective fields on the Basic tab of the Properties window for the station listed in the Replay A/V manage show list.

Regards,

Tom

jgatie
09-15-2008, 11:20 AM
Hello, i'm not a subscriber of Sirius (yet!). I would like to know if Replay A/V
records those streams and splits/tags individual songs ?
Seing your tutorials it seems that it records whole shows (interesting for talk
shows but not for music).
If Replay A/V does not the job, could you tell me if Replay Music does it ? (Would be interesting to know if there's enough silence between songs to let
RM split the tracks correctly).

Thanks for reading.

No, it won't split songs via Replay A/V. But Replay Music will, if you play a Sirius source via the computer's audio.

maxrenn
09-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the answer. I'll try that service then.
Good evening.