PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Login Error: couldn't parse login page

zabinja
08-29-2008, 03:29 AM
I am unable to capture Sirius Streams I get the following error "error: couldn't parse login page". It worked previously for a scheduled recording.

dsierra
08-29-2008, 04:44 AM
I am having the same problem. Was working fine, suddenly last night and this morning cannot parse the login.

michaeljones
08-29-2008, 06:19 AM
When I try to 'Tune To Station' the replay tuner window comes up with the Sirius sign in page but unlike before, nothing gets filled in automatically. When I enter my information manually, the page works (edit: seems after it streamed for a few minutes it claimed I logged in elsewhere and bumped me off, seems Sirius is having problems or is 'on' to the program), it doesn't help the recording process though.
Rechecked the info on the properties page and all is correct.
I am now out of logins for the day. Hope this gets resolved before Monday!

Cheryl Wester
08-29-2008, 06:29 AM
This is happening today and I'm not sure why. I have let the developer aware of this issue. Give Sirius a few days and try again-it could be an issue on that end. The developer will investigate this and hopefully if it is on our programs end he will have a fix out in the very near future.

Cheryl Wester
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
While you wait for the fix to come out use audio capture and the Replay AV Audio Driver. It works great. Thanks.

beetlejuice
08-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Just registered this software the other day, and it worked for one day and not the next two. :(

The audio capture doesn't work for me. The shows I'm trying to record air while I am at work, and Sirius prompts you to guard against idle connections.

Why do you think it is an issue on Sirius' part?

Hopefully it will be resolved quickly!

Thank you!

dlambley
08-30-2008, 04:46 AM
I've been successfully recording Sirius content since May - I'm deployed to Afghanistan and can't listen when programs are broadcast due to the time difference and my unpredictable schedule.
My last successful recording was on the 28th - I've been having the same login page parse error as everyone else for the past 2 days.

Cheryl Wester
08-30-2008, 07:56 AM
It is not an error on anyones part. They have changed the way they stream so we need to update our program to get it current for this new change. When we have a fix it will be updated. At this time I don't know when that would be but rest assured that our developer is hard at work on this. They just changed how they do this on Friday. Thanks.

havertown
08-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi,

What is the ETA for having this resolved? Of all weekends, there were a lot of concerts I wanted to record on Sirius.

I just bought the software, and if this issue is not resolved quickly I will be asking for a refund.

I record over an hour each time, and am working when I need to record my shows as well, the temporary fix doesn't work well for me...

Thanks

havertown

Cheryl Wester
08-31-2008, 03:23 PM
I don't have a date as of yet for this but it should be resolved in the very near future. Also, when you capture using audio go to the properties and the audio options tab. Select mute while recording and it will record while you are working on your system.

CindyG
08-31-2008, 06:59 PM
Until the "couldn't parse login page" problem is remedied... If you wish to record sirius but are unable to record due to being logged out by sirius when idle too long, here's a solution that might work (works for me). There is a Yahoo Widget Sirius Player that does not require clicking on the "are you still listening" message that sirius sends out through it's online player. It's a free widget. If you aren't familiar with widgets, go to:
http://widgets.yahoo.com/
It's very easy to install the basic widget interface, then just search for the sirius player, and install. You have to plug in your sirius user name and password the first time, from there it will log you in anytime you open the player. Then just have Replay AV record (in my case I had it record from speakers, it still seems to record even if I mute the speakers). Hope this helps everyone out there... I know I'm not the only one who purchased replay AV with the sole purpose of recording sirius... hopefully the real solution will be coming shortly.

eridani013
08-31-2008, 07:37 PM
I used the same method as Cindy described for months before finding the capture by downloading streams thing in Replay A/V. It worked perfectly for me for months, I just had to remember every night to turn on the player so I could record the following morning before I woke up.

beetlejuice
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Thank you Cindy, I will try that.

zabinja
09-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the tip! I am trying it now.

steve158
09-01-2008, 09:59 PM
I've been using Replay to record Howard Stern for the last year and a half or so, it seems like Sirius changes it's sign in protocols about every six months or so. I've been very impressed with the timeliness of Appllian's updates, usually in the first day or two.

douglw
09-02-2008, 04:38 AM
I'm having the exact same problem. I keep getting "error: couldn't parse login page" each time I try to record from Sirius. Does anyone know if there's an update or something that will get this working again?

heineken63
09-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Missed the first Stern show today. I noticed the first post was last friday morning. Is there any chance someone will come into work today and come up with a fix action.

Or will we be getting more of, "Try listening to something else while you can't record."

Cheryl Wester
09-02-2008, 09:26 AM
You are able to use audio capture at this time. Set it up the way you do normally and then go back and change it to record audio from speakers. You are also able to set it to mute in the audio properties so you can use your system for other items while it is recording. When we have an update we will be posting it.

CindyG
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Missed the first Stern show today. I noticed the first post was last friday morning. Is there any chance someone will come into work today and come up with a fix action.

Or will we be getting more of, "Try listening to something else while you can't record."
Heinekin63: I'm as rabid a Howard fan as any you'll find. So try my work around using the yahoo widget (explained in a previous post). We aren't screwed... just slightly inconvenienced until the developer can figure out what sirius evidently tossed at them. (I'm just another customer, not an employee of replay a/v). I started my yahoo widget sirius player last night (it doesn't have a timer feature) and set up a timed replay a/v recording for this morning, and viola... Howie on demand. Hope this helps.

jokova
09-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I have a slight problem with the recording alternative to bypass the Sirius login problem. I'm currently trying out the Replay A/V software to record Sirius content due to work issues. I have been able to record Sirius content using the Yahoo widget and a recording program. However, you can get a simple recording program for about $15 to $20 to do this. The Replay A/V application costs $50!!! The main incentive for purchasing the Replay A/V program is its direct access to Sirius content without need of an external sound card (and running a separate program like the Yahoo widget). If the Sirius direct access feature periodically breaks, it makes the Replay A/V app far less attractive.

I hope that the Sirius login problem is resolved quickly. I was planning on purchasing the application this past weekend. However, I held back from doing so when the Sirius login problem occurred.

UConnMRB
09-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Previously I was receiving the 'couldn't parse log-in page' now, however, I am getting an 'error: couldn't get redirected page' message. Are these related? Does it have something to do with my maximum amount of log-ins being exceeded?

michaeljones
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Previously I was receiving the 'couldn't parse log-in page' now, however, I am getting an 'error: couldn't get redirected page' message. Are these related? Does it have something to do with my maximum amount of log-ins being exceeded?

That is what I found true.

jakedakat
09-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah I found out that Sirius only allows you to logon 10 times during a 24 hour period. I hope this gets fixed quick. I do have other means of listening, but I would rather record myself...

havertown
09-02-2008, 06:35 PM

I still get the parse log-in error.

Sorry to be so pushy but I just spent $110 on this. If it's not going to be fixed in the 48 hours I need a full refund... Can anyone help? Should I contact customer support or the better business bureau?

Cheryl Wester
09-02-2008, 08:07 PM
We do our best to keep all of our programs current and up to date. It is out of our hands when another stream that you capture changes the way it is streamed. We don't have control over what other companies do and how they change the method they use to stream. When you purchased the program it did what was advertised and worked beautifully with Sirius. Our developer is aware of the issue and is working on it. I don't know how long it will take as I don't know how detailed the change was. If it is within your 30 days and you wish to have a refund please contact customer service. Thanks.

bababooey
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Note to other users: I've gotten pretty good customer support from Applian in the past.

Suggestion for Applian: Perhaps you admins can notify us by email of when Sirius has a login problem and another email to notify us when it gets fixed.

bababooey
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
You can still record the old fashion way:
1. Login to the Sirius Player on Sirius.com
2. Enter New Show on Replay A/V
3. Record by Capturing Audio (instead of Stream Capture)

Just make sure you hear the sound before you start recording.
Caution: If the Sirius logs you out, you have to log back in manually.

mcrofut
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Others have already posted this workaround, but here it is again in case anyone missed it.

Install this widget:

Yahoo! SIRIUS Satellite Tuner Widget (http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/sirius-satellite-tuner)

You don't get the annoying "Are you still listening" messages every hour or so that stop your stream if you don't respond. Just tune it to your favorite channel it will play as long as you want.

Then use Replay A/V to schedule your recordings (Capture Audio Output). The downside is you can only record the channel you have the widget tuned to.

This is a great workaround until Applian releases a fix.

mark40511
09-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Question. I have the same problem. If I set it up to record from speakers. It works; however even though I have selected "mute speakers" the mute speakers doesn't work. Also, when I do the test methods for audio all of them say no sound was detected, though I can loudly hear the test sound and even though I have been successfully using this device for a while. Do I have something set up wrong perhaps? I just clicked to record "howard" to see if it would work, it logged me in to sirius automatically and started playing (even though muted) and recording fine.

Thanks

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2008, 06:07 AM
In order to use mute you might need to have the latest version of Av installed as it used the Replay AV Audio Driver. With that you are able to use mute. Some systems won't record with mute, depending on your computer, if you use stereo mix or what u hear, as an example.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

michaeljones
09-03-2008, 06:09 AM
Suggestion for Applian: Perhaps you admins can notify us by email of when Sirius has a login problem and another email to notify us when it gets fixed.

Agreed. When the fix is available please send an email.

jnewkirk
09-03-2008, 06:12 AM
I just wanted to say to the user who was requesting a refund that I have been using the software to record Sirius and other things for almost eight monthes now and I have had no trouble with it. It runs in the background all the time and has never once thrown up an error message or caused a crash. It is one of the most rock solid stable programs I have ever owned. The Sirius thing is really out of their control and I am sure they want to get it fixed as soon as they can.

heineken63
09-03-2008, 06:24 AM
I got the yahoo widget and got it working last night, too many logins earlier in the day. The question I have now is how to set a time when you record from speakers?

michaeljones
09-03-2008, 07:25 AM
I got the yahoo widget and got it working last night, too many logins earlier in the day. The question I have now is how to set a time when you record from speakers?

Start your Sirius Widget (or have some audio playing)
Open Replay A/V window and select -
Record > Record Audio From Speakers (Quick Audio Record)
Name Show, mp3 format, record for 1 minute (this is just to test)
The show will then appear on the list and begin recording.
Right click on the show name and select Properties.
There you can select the Schedule tab.
Just make sure your Sirius Widget is on during record time!

bpollard
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Will you allow me to PayPal you some money in order to buy you pizza for dinner so that you may continue to work through the evenings on developing a fix for this problem? I would be happy to buy you dinner if it will help you spend more time in fixing this problem.
please let me know.
Brad

bpollard
09-03-2008, 08:48 AM
To those who have just started using this product, please know that before this problem, the software worked flawlessly. They can't control what Sirius does to their login pages, so once they get it figured out I'm sure you'll enjoy many months of perfect operation.

jgrierden
09-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I have sat at my computer , entralled by the Replay A/V recording terrestrial radio and 2 Sirius channels simultaneously. It was a thing a beauty !
Can't wait until it regains all of it's magical powers.

bmack2000
09-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Just feel the need to echo what others have said - I'm been using Replay AV since it came out as well as the earlier versions of the program to record Sirius and other internet streams. It works flawlessly until Sirius changes the login process, and Applian has always come up with a fix within a reasonable amount of time. On other issues, I've always had fast and accurate responses from technical support. Let's give them a break before we all demand refunds.

jgrierden
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Remember last fall, when Sirius started putting up the "Are you Listening ?" popup and shut off the stream if you weren't there to click it ? (I get angry just thinking about that)
I asked Applian if they had a fix, and they came up with just the thing in less than a week.

UConnMRB
09-03-2008, 01:58 PM
What did they come up with the fix the 'are you listening' debacle?

teecee
09-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Thanks to other posters to this forum, I downloaded the Yahoo! Sirius tuner widget earlier today. After setting it up, I was amazed to discover it logged on by itself after inserting username and password. If this little program can do it, why is there such a problem getting Replay A/V to do the same thing? I don't know what Sirius did, but it didn't seem to affect the widget. Maybe someone should take a look at it.

happygirls
09-03-2008, 02:23 PM
I found this get around helpful the last time this happened.
To get past the "are you listening" thing I would schedule a 2 hour show in 2 parts. For example in the name column I would use "Miserable Men 1" and then have it record for the first hour , and then on the next line I would use "Miserable Men 2" and schedule it for the second hour. It was a little more trouble but it worked .

dsierra
09-03-2008, 02:26 PM
i see on the update page there is a new version of replay av available!

jgrierden
09-03-2008, 02:49 PM
UConnMRB, i think Sirius started using that are you listening popup late october 2007.

Yes, Happygirls, recording shows on sirius for only 1+ 1/2 hours segments works. But sometimes I would use up my daily ration of 10 logins per day.
I haven't used the widget since last year because it had no fix for the are-you listening. Is it different now ?

jgrierden
09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
I just downloaded the new update posted today rebooted, and it still can't login to Sirius. Anyone have any luck ?

jgatie
09-03-2008, 03:34 PM
I just downloaded and installed, it worked fine. You may have to call Sirius and have them clear your account. They lock an account after a certain number of incomplete logons, which can result from Replay A/V trying to login.

Cheryl Wester
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Here is a link for the latest version of AV with the fix for Sirius.
http://applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

Always do a system restore prior to installing any software. At least I always do.;)

michaeljones
09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you! It's working.

mmays
09-03-2008, 04:42 PM
I just downloaded the updated version. Its working, thanks

beetlejuice
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Thanks! Will try it now.

CindyG
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
YIPPEEE! Thanks for so quickly resolving the problem. As one who is in my 30 "trial" period, I'm even more convinced than before that this is a terrific product!

henrydubb
09-04-2008, 05:09 AM
I am not worthy.

I am not worthy.

I am not worthy.

Thank you so very much. You just saved Sirius from losing a customer.

jgatie
09-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Thanks for a prompt response. I too record The Howard Stern Show every day for replay on my Sonos whole-house audio system, and Replay A/V is the best program for the job. I only had to use the "record from speaker output" method for two days of live shows. In contrast, Sonos took two weeks to update their Sirius channel lineup after the last big change, and I consider them one of the finest companies around when it comes to customer service.

crash
09-04-2008, 06:08 AM
You guys are great. After realizing the depth of the Sirius problem you put up a patch in a couple of days. I only wish other product makers would take care of their issues in such a timely well mannered fashion. My hats off to you guys for having a great problem and a class act crew.:D
Link to update is

kreator
09-04-2008, 06:34 AM
I have been recording Howard for a few months now and this is the first "glitch" I ran into. I am impressed at how how fast you resolved the problem.. It's always nice to be on the fence about purchasing something and to later find out you made the right choice..

mcrofut
09-04-2008, 07:02 AM
Thank you to the Applian Software staff for such a quick turnaround on this fix. You guys are awesome. Replay A/V is the best piece of software I own!

jgrierden
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Wow, this version works like a charm.
Thank you, thank you, Applian does it again !

dlambley
09-05-2008, 05:50 AM
I'm getting a "page not found" error when I try to download the update. It may just be busy - I'll try again later! Well done on developing the fix, and giving us solid workaround advice for the interim. Thanks to Applian!

Boofy
09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Am I doing something wrong? I actually uninstalled Replay A/V, Replay Converter, WinPCap, deleted the directory folders/files and re-booted. I then re-installed from the RAVSetup file I downloaded yesterday (version 8.43). Still getting the error message. I also noticed that after I re-installed everything, in the the Edit Show Properties: Sirius box, my log-in ID and password were already there... why??? HELP!!! I can't record HOWARD!!! :confused:

jgatie
09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
You might try viewing the log file for the recording, available from a right-click on the show entry. It may give more insight into the message you are getting back from Sirius. I know looking at the log alerted me to a "Exceeded Daily Logins" message that was not reported by the results on the show entry (where the "couldn't parse" error is shown).

SiriusDog
09-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Am I doing something wrong? I actually uninstalled Replay A/V, Replay Converter, WinPCap, deleted the directory folders/files and re-booted. I then re-installed from the RAVSetup file I downloaded yesterday (version 8.43). Still getting the error message. I also noticed that after I re-installed everything, in the the Edit Show Properties: Sirius box, my log-in ID and password were already there... why??? HELP!!! I can't record HOWARD!!! :confused:

I have the same error ,I e-mailed Tech Support and here is there reply - (Sirius changed the way they are streaming on Friday Aug. 29 ,2008. Our developer is looking into this and hopes to have a fix in the near future. You are still able to use audio capture and the Replay AV Audio Driver while you wait for our developer)

jgrierden
09-05-2008, 07:59 PM
The first time I reinstalled, I couldn't get the new version to login to sirius either. It turns out that I had old versions of replay hiding in folders within folders, and all these must be uninstalled and any shortcuts deleted.
When you re-install the new version, I know it says it automatically uninstalls the old version. But it doesn't wipe out all old bits and versions, and if these remain behind, the new version won't work properly and can't login to sirius.
Hope you can get it to work to catch Howard's replays over the weekend ! Good luck

rocktrout
09-06-2008, 06:13 AM
I also want to extend my thanks to Applian for such a quick fix. As a commercial software developer, I am *really* impressed with the way this fix was handled. Great job!

havertown
09-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks Cheryl for the professional and fast responses.

The fix does work.

I hope you can understand my skepicism, but thank you, I really am impressed. A lot of other companies can learn something from the way Applian does business.

havertown

Boofy
09-08-2008, 12:18 AM
I downloaded version 8.43B and I was able to successfully log-in and record. Thanks for resolving this problem so quickly. I definitely got my money's worth when I purchased your software. :D

gewjr
09-08-2008, 02:07 PM
Am I the only one having problems downloading version 8.43B? I keep getting to about 8 mg and then it tells me it can't read the file on the server!

Help!

Cheryl Wester
09-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I just tested the link and it is working fine for me. If you continue to have a problem please go to the bottom of the download page. You will see applian server#2. Try it and see if it works better for you.

bobojeeb
09-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Here is a link for the latest version of AV with the fix for Sirius.

Always do a system restore prior to installing any software. At least I always do.;)
Thanks for the fix. It worked great but I might be seeing another problem from the Sirius site. It worked fine for me yesterday and I was able to tune to the station so I could listen while I recorded it. Today I did the same but about an hour in I was kicked out of both with the explanation "I was logged in twice with the same username and password" or something to that effect. Replay A/V immeadiately logged back in and started recording again (I love this product). Could there be another error with the sirius login?
I'd "tune to Station" again but I don't want to interupt my recording. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks for the help.

gewjr
09-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Is there a way I can purchase this newest version on CD? I still can't get the download to work. I am using a completely open port thru my firewall. I can get the first 20 mg then I get a message saying it can't be saved because the source can't be read. I get the same thing if I try and "run" it instead of saving it.

beetlejuice
09-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I searched and didn't see anyone else mention, in C:\ I get an out.txt file that appears to be an HTML dump of the Sirius login page.

Other than that everything has been working great for me, thanks!

v8.43 according to my about box.