PDA

View Full Version : How I got around the browser crashing issue

jarhead
05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Since none of the recommended fixes have fixed the browser crashing issue when running RMC, this is how I am able to capture video using RMC (sort of).

When installing RMC, a service called FLVSrvc.exe is also installed. Apparently, even without RMC running, this service still captures video from websites.

On Windows 7, these video files are saved to C: -> Users -> USERNAME -> AppData -> Local -> FLVService. The video files are named with a .bin extension. Using Extension Changer (http://www.cairocubicles.com/desktop/extchanger), I just right-click on the .bin file and change the extension to .mov and you now have the recorded video file without even running RMC.

NOTE: This worked for me while watching videos at Lynda.com.

stream-recorder.com
05-26-2010, 04:15 AM
You can just change the Explorer settings to show file extensions.

Then rename files to .FLV (not .MOV). FLVSrvc.exe copies HTTP .flv streams from the cache of your browser. You need the video to be completely cached before copying it.

Also many people reported that disabling hibernation in Windows 7 and adding conflicting applications to the exception list helps.

Also using Firefox or Opera, Flash Player 9 instead of Flash Player 10 may help.

jarhead
05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
You can just change the Explorer settings to show file extensions.

Then rename files to .FLV (not .MOV). FLVSrvc.exe copies HTTP .flv streams from the cache of your browser. You need the video to be completely cached before copying it.

Also many people reported that disabling hibernation in Windows 7 and adding conflicting applications to the exception list helps.

Also using Firefox or Opera, Flash Player 9 instead of Flash Player 10 may help.

I understand what many people have reported. Others (like me) have also reported that disabling hibernation in Windows 7 does not fix the issue. Also, if you have none of the conflicting applications installed then this obviously can't be blamed as the problem either. When software states it will work for stated operating systems then it should actually work as advertised.

It makes no sense to have to install multiple web browsers or downgrade any software/plugin to make software you paid for work.

Cheryl Wester
05-26-2010, 12:20 PM
We are aware of this issue with the program happening in some cases. We are working on a new and improved version and have plans to release it this summer. Thanks for your continued patience.