PDA

View Full Version : Replay AV not recording BBC Radio

OofyProsser
05-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Since about Thursday, Replay AV has refused to record anything from BBC Radio 4 or 7. I have updated to RAV 8.0, have re-booted, turned Trusteer Rapport on and off (that program needs to be off when using Replay Media Catcher), re-selected the link from the Media Guide, checked my internet connection is OK, but nothing seems to work. RMC will stream from BBC iPlayer, but I much prefer to schedule programmes with RAV if I can.

Has anybody else had this problem? Has something changed in the last few days?

Cheryl Wester
05-22-2010, 11:59 AM
They have changed the way they stream. We have the program set up to record these using audio capture. Please delete the show from your AV and then add it again. It will be set up correctly for you.

OofyProsser
05-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Thank you, Cheryl. I had changed the setup from audio capture to streaming, but now understand that was deliberate and I confirm that I have got it working again.

I'm relieved that it was them not me, but recording by audio capture is a real pain, especially as you cannot record more than one programme at a time. Is there any prospect of RAV being reconfigured so as to be able to stream BBC programmes?

StephenIles
05-23-2010, 05:42 AM
I have exactly the same problem and do NOT want to audio capture either.

Cheryl Wester
05-23-2010, 09:35 AM
We are always looking at ways to improve our programs. If there is a way the developer will find it. At the present time there isn't so you will need to use the method I have given you.

StephenIles
05-24-2010, 04:57 AM
Thanks Cheryl - as a long term user of your products I'm sure they will, and quite soon too.

Keep up the good work
Steve

IainJ
05-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Hi Cheryl.
I'm also a long standing user of Replay AV and download BBC programmes by streaming. Please can you let us all know when you have reconfigured Replay AV to record from streaming again. Many thanks Iain.

Cheryl Wester
05-29-2010, 02:33 PM
At the present time we are not able to capture using stream capture. If/when we can the program will be updated and it will be posted on our forum.Thanks.

stream-recorder.com
05-30-2010, 01:16 AM
I'm also a long standing user of Replay AV and download BBC programmes by streaming. Please can you let us all know when you have reconfigured Replay AV to record from streaming again.
https://forum.applian.com//showthread.php?3289-RTMP-support-in-Replay-AV-and-or-scheduling-support-in-Replay-Media-Catcher

tiresias53
06-01-2010, 01:31 PM
This is a serious problem for me. I've been using RAV for several years and now can't download my favourite R4/R7 programmes.

Let's hope this gets fixed ASAP

Cheryl Wester
06-01-2010, 05:34 PM
You are still able to record but you are going to need to use audio capture. Nothing is broken on our program-they have changed the way they stream and our program is not able to get a good URL. The way they do it now is that the URL changes daily.

tiresias53
06-01-2010, 10:56 PM
You are still able to record but you are going to need to use audio capture. Nothing is broken on our program-they have changed the way they stream and our program is not able to get a good URL. The way they do it now is that the URL changes daily.

Is this actually right? When I found that my recordings with 'capture by dowloading' weren't working I updated the URLs'. I then set up several sheduled recordings for later that same day but they all still failed. Is this nothing to do with the 'support for RTMP issue' mentioned on another thread, then?

mrg9999
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM
There's radio downloader from nerdoftheherd for BBC listen again streams. Maybe Applian could look at that, it's open source.
~http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/

Cheryl Wester
06-02-2010, 05:20 PM
If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support. A log file and additional information will be needed.

alanell1
06-03-2010, 09:04 AM
I may have stumbled on a way to get around the problem of the changed BBC streaming method without resorting to recording via the audio route with the limitations that imposes i.e only one program can be recorded at a time. At one stage I was successfully recording BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC Five Live and BBC 7 and from time to time the odd BBC local radio station such as BBC Radio Merseyside. Rather than put a lengthy treatise into this thread I will email my finding to the Applian staffers so they can check the logic, see whether my comments are valid and, if this proves to be the case, give appropriate guidance to Replay A/V users who are looking for a solution to this one.

StephenIles
06-05-2010, 12:56 AM
draws up a sofa, gets a coffee and waits .......expectantly ..........

tiresias53
06-06-2010, 01:20 PM
I may have stumbled on a way to get around the problem of the changed BBC streaming method without resorting to recording via the audio route with the limitations that imposes i.e only one program can be recorded at a time. At one stage I was successfully recording BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC Five Live and BBC 7 and from time to time the odd BBC local radio station such as BBC Radio Merseyside. Rather than put a lengthy treatise into this thread I will email my finding to the Applian staffers so they can check the logic, see whether my comments are valid and, if this proves to be the case, give appropriate guidance to Replay A/V users who are looking for a solution to this one.

Or you could put a lengthy treatise on this thread...please!

LTA
06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Hi
I'd like to echo the concern about the problem with BBC streaming... you have to get a fix quick!!

Cheryl Wester
06-06-2010, 04:53 PM
We are currently testing the process that was given and we have had mixed results. We don't want to change what we have until we know it is solid. Thanks.

Boo
06-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I'd endorse mrg9999's suggestion of radio downloader. It's a revelation, and will do me fine while I wait for a fix.

tiresias53
06-09-2010, 02:56 AM
I'd endorse mrg9999's suggestion of radio downloader. It's a revelation, and will do me fine while I wait for a fix.

Just been over to check Radio Downloader out. You're absolutley right - lean, reliable and free!

Cheryl Wester
06-09-2010, 06:38 PM
We are in the process of updating the Media guide for BBC with the links that were provided for us. If you want to test it do so with the first three BBCs in the Media Guide. We are also testing a new version of AV with the latest converter to work with this.

tiresias53
06-11-2010, 12:20 AM
I've just sucessfully downloaded two five-minute streams from Radio 4 and 1Xtra simultaneously using the new links in the Media Guide. Both subsequently converted from .asf to mp3 successfully in my RAV 7.3.

How are others getting on? Is this a stable fix?

LTA
06-11-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi!
Just tried radios 3/4/7 & have managed to stream capture all successfully using links in Media Guide. Have not tried to convert as yet. Looking good :-)

Cheryl Wester
06-11-2010, 09:36 PM
It is stable until they change something again. So far so good.

LTA
06-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi again! As reported, I managed to record a show from BBC 7 but, despite setting RAV8 to convert to MP3/64Kb, the file was saved as in .ASF format. I am using RC4.

Cheryl Wester
06-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Do the conversion without Replay AV. We have not yet incorporated the latest converter into the AV program. Thanks. We hope to have this done in the next few days.

stream-recorder.com
06-15-2010, 10:04 PM
http://www.applian.com/blog/updates/

Replay A/V -8.81
- Includes updated Replay Converter 4.0
- Improved recording of BBC radio stations