PDA

View Full Version : Replay Music Not Creating MP3 File or Recording

Maine63
05-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Yesterday, I used Replay Music to record a 4 hour radio streaming show. The timer ran the whole time and the bars fluctuated as though it were 'hearing' what it was recording. I've done this before with no issues. Normally, after I press 'stop recording' it take 5 to 10 minutes to convert the file, normalize, etc. This time, when I pressed stop recording, nothing. It just stopped recording and did not create the typical MP3 file it creates.

What could I be doing wrong, and is it possible a temp file was created that I could retrieve - I would really love to have saved recording I thought I had made.

Thanks!

Cheryl Wester
05-17-2010, 07:36 PM
Are you recording one long stream or is this many songs that are split and tagged? The program is meant to do the latter as it is very power intensive to record for four hours without splitting. It could be that the system is not capable of doing that. Another option is to save it as a WAV file and then do the conversion using Replay Converter. What link are you trying to capture? Perhaps a different program would work better for you.

Maine63
05-17-2010, 07:56 PM
I am recording one long stream. I normally use Replay AV, which mostly works well, except to record 'what you hear'. It was recommended by another tech to use Replay Music for that. I could split the recording session into four - one hour increments I suppose, as long as I can record while the program is converting, normalizing, etc. the previous file.

Cheryl Wester
05-19-2010, 10:52 AM
Do give that a try and see if it works better for you.