PDA

View Full Version : Only My Side of Skype Conversation Is Recorded!

goodbot
05-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi! I'm demo-ing the Replay Telecorder for Skype, and I can't get the default configuration to record the other side of a conversation... only my own voice is recorded (and this sounds fine). I can't find any applicable config settings to try to fix this myself. Is there anything I can do here to get the other side also recorded and play-backed?

Jeff Lenney
05-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Hi
Thanks for your inquiry and sorry for the delay on our part. :-)

This is actually a known issue, and we're working with our programmer to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks for your patience with this.

Cheryl Wester
06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Please try it with a different player such as the free VLC Player. If that works then download some codec packs from the Internet (free) and that should correct the issue for you. If it doesn't let us know.

keithpkelly
06-17-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm getting the same problem with Telecorder only recording my voice. I have Windows 7 and am using an external mike and headset for calls, if that makes any difference. I downloaded the VLC Player, but the result is the same. I sense that it is a playback problem as there is a faint whisper of a recording from the other side. Would be grateful for any suggestions, am moving from another call recording software to Telecorder as I've always been pleased with Applian products, this time am not so sure!

Cheryl Wester
06-18-2010, 10:22 AM
Go into the Skype audio settings
Make sure that the mic and speakers are the correct ones selected and that the volume is balanced for both of them.
Deselect the automatically detect and try again.

With Windows 7 I did find that I needed to install some codec packs on my system. I did a search for codec packs and Windows 7 and downloaded both an audio and video pack for free. I believe one I used is k-lite.

dmullens
06-28-2010, 11:59 AM
I just bought this software (I had other Applian software) for an important call. I didn't have much time, so I took a shot and paid for it before I even tried it. Then I found out it only had my side of the call. I was fearful that it didn't even record the other side.

After trying it in VLC I tried opening it in my video editing software (Vegas Plus) and it had both sides of the conversation....

Just thought I'd post this for those that are concerned...apparently both sides are there, but only one is playing. I have not downloaded the codecs though, so that might fix the problem. Just glad that it works in my video editing software.

Cheryl Wester
06-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Do try downloading some codecs as that can make a difference. Also it does work with the VLC Player. Thanks for posting.

pantaydaya
08-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Hi Guys I'm new. I bought it tonight to record our chats with reatives, and had the same problems. I installed codec packs and that resovled the partial problem but I also find that the audio video is out of sync. I hope this is going to be fixed shortly as I see the problem has been around a long time now?