PDA

View Full Version : Recording BBC Listen Again files

Jet22
05-11-2010, 04:56 AM
Hi

I have Replay AV v8.43 and for many months have been unable to record BBC listen again files. I'm aware this was discussed previously on the forum and the issue was caused by the BBC no longer using Real files for playback. I undertsand they are now moving to using WMA files for their listen again feature (for radio) and hoped Replay AV could cope with this but I don't seem to be able to record even now.

Can anyone update me on the latest situation? Like many, I use Replay AV almost exclusively for capturing BBC Radio. In the last few months I've used Beebotron to provide Real links but they are stopping this soon I understand with the switch to WMA.

Any advice would be appreciated, esp if any recent updates tp Replay AV have fixed the problem.

Thanks Jet22

MarcusL
05-17-2010, 03:32 PM
Replay Media Catcher - latest version works - ver 3.11

When using Replay AV to record - are you recording via the speakers?
i.e. are you going to the BBC website like -- http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s9zkd/Afternoon_Play_The_End_of_the_World/
---and starting a record function to create the mp3 file?

I have Replay AV v8.79 but can't get that later version to work either. -but Replay Media Catcher - latest version works - ver 3.11 DOES

Marc

Jet22
05-19-2010, 02:40 AM
Hi Marc

Thanks for your reply. What's the difference between media catcher and replay AV? Can I schedule recordings using media catcher?

Thanks

stream-recorder.com
05-19-2010, 06:27 AM
What's the difference between media catcher and replay AV? Can I schedule recordings using media catcher?
Replay Media Catcher supports RTMP protocol, but it doesn't support scheduling. You can voice your opinion about it in the following thread:
RTMP support in Replay AV and/or scheduling support in Replay Media Catcher

itsamike
05-19-2010, 09:43 AM
I've been recording Listen Again streams with RAV for months with no problems. Try going to http://www.iplayerconverter.co.uk/ to get the file links.