PDA

View Full Version : Success recording audio in Vista (at last)

mikegrace
03-01-2008, 02:12 AM
I have used Replay Radio and Replay Music with great success over the years to record audio on my XP PC, but was somewhat despondent on first switching to Vista (a new PC) as Applian mentioned the difficulty of recording using the sound card (my preferred method) on most Vista machines. Indeed, I found Replay AV didn't work at all (until today!!).

I am writing this to help anyone else who may be having problems as there is some new information on the Vista FAQ page on the Applian site. It may not work for you but it did for me. The link is http://www.applian.com/support-vista.php

I don't have a separate sound card, my PC has sound integrated with the motherboard (not ideal but I ran out of space) and I thought that might be part of the problem. However, the trick was to 'enable' a recording line in Vista, as described in the article in the Vista FAQ, which Vista had for some reason disabled for me without me knowing. Once I did this (a 5 second operation) - presto - Replay AV worked by recording sound through my speakers (as it had on the XP machine).

So - not a problem but a solution - and one I wanted to pass on to others.

Mike

mikegrace
03-01-2008, 02:37 AM
Ah - just as an addendum - I've found out why Vista had disabled my line in. I also use Vista's voice recognition and Skype so I need my microphone to work, and my microphone had stopped working with the line in stereo mix enabled.

It looks like you have to go into Control Panel to enable or disable the 'Stereo Mix' depending on whether I'm using Skype or Replay AV,

Anyone know of an answer to this?

Mike

Cheryl Wester
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
If you use the latest version of Replay AV, 8.41 it does have our great Replay AV Audio Driver. It allows you to capture audio on a Vista machine. Give it a try.

mikegrace
03-02-2008, 03:11 PM
I have the latest version of Replay AV - but the Replay Audio driver doesn't show up as an option.

But my problem is with Replay Music (latest version) which does have the Audio Driver but for some reason doesn't work.

Mike

Debbie McCormick
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi,

We'll need more information from you in order to help. Please submit a Replay Music support request to tech support along with your log file. Be sure to tell them where you are recording from.

For Replay AV it sounds like you are just setting up the show incorrectly. In Replay AV just open the properties for a show that you are recording. If you want to record using the audio driver rather than stream capturing, select "Capture by recording audio output" in the recording tab. Then select "Replay AV audio driver" as the "Audio Recording Method".

oscarfpa
04-10-2008, 06:46 PM
I used in Vista Audio record and It works perfectly. Doesnt happend the same with Replay Music. Pity. Can be that possible?
see you
O.

Mike Christensen
04-11-2008, 06:21 PM
I used in Vista Audio record and It works perfectly. Doesnt happend the same with Replay Music. Pity. Can be that possible?
see you
O.

Make sure to open Replay Music before opening the source you wish to record from. Also, when recording from an online source, always select "Audio Driver" as the input source in Replay Music's settings before starting a recording.

Regards,
Mike Christensen

etittel
04-17-2008, 06:45 AM
Dear Sirs/Mesdames:

I've tried to follow all of the FAQ instructions for my QX6800 system on a GA-P35T-DQ6 motherboard with a RealTek ALC889A audio controller, as follows:

1. launch Replay Music before opening Web browser
2. Check to make sure settings includes "Audio Driver" as Input Source
3. In Control Panel Sound applet, enabled Stereo Mix Device, set as Default, and showing audio activity on the stacked bar VU to right when playing music
4. In Control Panel Realtek HD Audio Manager, Stereo Mix is set to CD Quallity Audio, and shows as a default device, along with Speakers (presumably the latter are for output)
[Note: I rebooted after changing all driver settings to make sure they were in effect when using Replay Music]
6. (have tried this approach): Click Start Recording in Replay Music
5. Open Rhapsody player, begin play
7. (have also tried this approach): Click Start Recording in Replay Music

Either using 6 or 7, I get no activity on the Replay Music VU meter, indicating it's seeing no input. What should I try next? Please help!

--Ed--

etittel
04-17-2008, 06:47 AM
I forgot to mention I'm running Vista Ultimate with SP1 and all current updates applied (Build 6001)

Mike Christensen
04-17-2008, 11:19 AM
I forgot to mention I'm running Vista Ultimate with SP1 and all current updates applied (Build 6001)

What version of Replay Music are you using?

Thanks,