PDA

View Full Version : RMC crashes Firefox and IE8 browser on Win 7 Pro 64bit

mnicotra
05-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I have read through the posts and it seems that RMC has 2 distinct problems. RMC crashing OR the Browser Crashing whislt in RECORD mode.

In regards to the Browser Crashing problem the solution suggested by someone was downgrading from Flash Player 10 to 9 BUT this did not work for everyone. I suggest the issue is with RMC video stream interception method not being fully compatable with Win 7 64x and Flash 10 and not Specifically Adobe flash player 10.

I have WIndows 7 Pro 64bit plus IE8 (32bit) plus latest Firefox browsers. I installed and registered RMC 3.1.1.

I run RMC and click on START RECORD
I open my browser (doesn't matter which one is opened).
I navigate to a page that has a flash player and start playing the video.
Within seconds the browser crashes and reports "Firefox has stopped working . A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solutions is available." (If I used IE8 then the same happens)
I click on close program

If I do not click on START RECORDING before opening the browser then the video plays back normally.

This happens with all video on different sites.

I have also disabled my internet/virus protection software but still crashes. I am also not running any of the programs listed in the forum that can cause problems with RMC.

Obviously the RMC intercept method is causing a browser crash but I wouldn't know how to fix this.

Any ideas?

As an aside ...

I have been waiting a few days for a response from tech support and have since discovered the freeware software *****. This works perfectly on my system with both browsers and the multi-download facility means the flv file is downloaded rapidly and even before the realtime video is still streaming. Great feature. I'm surprised a freeware program works so well and an expensive commercial program doesn't. From other posts here also other similar programs don't seem to be experiencing this problem either.

stream-recorder.com
05-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Usually the problem disappears in Windows 7 if you disable hibernation. See the following thread for more:
Replay Meida Catcher locks up my browsers