PDA

View Full Version : mpeg files

ficklefinger
05-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Any chance of being able to use mpeg files with this product?

Thanks in advance.

Cheryl Wester
05-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Not at this time. It is limited to the types listed on the program. You are able to convert to one of these formats, however.

stream-recorder.com
05-07-2010, 04:20 AM
New feature can be requested in the following forum:
https://forum.applian.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Request-New-Features

ficklefinger
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks for reply. I have requested this feature as you suggest. It just seems bizarre to me that it does not do this already. :-(

masumun3
05-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Ficklefinger, I have added the below to your feature request as it seems an obvious one to me...

"I would like to add a voice to this request. To truly publish the Media suite as software being complimentary to each other is quite lacking when one of the formats that Replay Video Capture works in (it captures either Windows Media or MPEG 2) is then not supported by the Media Splitter. I appreciate it can be converted with a third piece of software but surely the product design should be to allow getting from task to end product in the least amount of steps.

Therefore I feel that this is an obvious feature that is severly lacking from Meida Splitter and would also like to see it added."

Best regards,

Masamun3

ficklefinger
05-18-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks Masumun3, lets see what happens.

Buzzard104
07-24-2013, 03:17 AM
Thanks Masumun3, lets see what happens.

I completely agree with you ficklefinger and Masumun3 but, three years on, I don't think they're listening.

I have asked for, and received, efficient support advice about recording video, and the same advice was given: (in my case) it was to record in or convert to MPG2 (before burning).

I have just recorded a 4 hour event (6.2GB in MPG2) and I wanted to split it into two halves, so I could burn them onto 2 DVD disks but I'm blowed if I'm going to convert that to another format first! In any case, I know it is said (or I have read somewhere) that there is no loss of quality with digital media, but I have found otherwise.