PDA

View Full Version : How to convert DRM protected music videos and movies to MPEG-2/DVD/WMV

vertor1
04-24-2010, 07:31 PM
I purchased videos on iTunes, but I can't play them on my video player, because they are in some 'protected' M4V format that only works on iPods. How can I convert iTunes videos to MPEG or WMV format so I can play them on My portable video device such as Archos and Creative Zen?"

I searched on Google, Yahoo answers and post the question on large number of forums, unfortunately, after scouring the Web for days, I couldn't find a FREE way to convert M4V to MPEG, WMV or AVI format.

Then I tried to burn the iTunes video onto a DVD and re-import it into iTunes just like how to remove the protection from the iTunes audios (M4P) by burning it onto a CD and re-import it as mp3. I failed, cause iTunes doesnt have a DVD burning option, then I used Nero, but it still doesnt work as Nero doesnt supports M4V format.

And finally, a software solution. I came across a few kinds of converters, but all of them didn't work at all. I was testing the free trials one by one, but all those advertised products either didn't work at all or gave me very poor quality. The I tried Replay Video Capture (http://www.applian.com/replay-video-capture/) and it was awesome! It recorded video in high quality. And it is so easy to use! I'm gonna the whole suite now ;)