PDA

View Full Version : Best settings for best Capture?

kendrick23
04-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I just purchased the Applian Suite of programs and hope someone might be able to instruct me as to what settings will give me the best capture. Mpeg-2 or MP9
and the settings for each, mpeg-2 has a setting of 12000, and doesn't seem to make any difference over 3000.Recently the captures I'm getting Flicker along the bottom of the Capture, any Ideas?, Ive got a Quad 6600 and 7m internet speed. Can someone give me a list of what to check-uncheck and select the settings for the best recording.

And another question:
Netflix and Hulu? Will they be supported?

Thanks

stream-recorder.com
04-23-2010, 10:36 PM
MPEG-2 is less resource intensive than Windows Media. It produces larger files, but IMHO they have better quality. The bit-rate depends on the quality you want to have. You can use different bit-rates for videos with fast moving objects and still videos. It also depends on the video resolution.

See the following thread for more:
Ultimate Recording Settings

I don't really understand what you mean by Flicker. Please make a screenshot with a player like Media Player Classic, VLC, SMPlayer, upload it to tinypic and post it here.

kendrick23
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks, I corrected the Flickering problem, I was using mpeg-2 and had the Disable video Acceleration Box checked, I unchecked the box in "settings" and the flickering stopped.
Another question If you Might help again. When using Mpeg-2 what fps is best
for making a video to be watched on a portable device ig. Ipod or laptop 25 0r 30? Thanks again

stream-recorder.com
04-24-2010, 10:11 PM
When using Mpeg-2 what fps is best
for making a video to be watched on a portable device ig. Ipod or laptop 25 0r 30?
Ultimate Recording Settings