PDA

View Full Version : RMC 3.0 Slow Downloads

emacee1701
08-26-2008, 07:17 AM
I use RMC to capture segments and stories from NPR programs through NPR's flash-based "Media Player" (web player). Prior to downloading RMC 3.0, the segments would download and RMC would capture them in a fraction of the playing time. Now, since I installed RMC 3.0, it takes as long to capture an audio segment as it does to play it in real time. Is there something changed in version 3.0 that causes this? Or has NPR changed something about how they web player functions to stop quick downloads of their audio files? Is there any way to get RMC capturing downloads quickly again?

Tasha Heinlein
08-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I use RMC to capture segments and stories from NPR programs through NPR's flash-based "Media Player" (web player). Prior to downloading RMC 3.0, the segments would download and RMC would capture them in a fraction of the playing time. Now, since I installed RMC 3.0, it takes as long to capture an audio segment as it does to play it in real time. Is there something changed in version 3.0 that causes this? Or has NPR changed something about how they web player functions to stop quick downloads of their audio files? Is there any way to get RMC capturing downloads quickly again?

If you know that the program is less than an hour you can enable super download. Open Media Catcher, click tools-settings, Makes sure that the "Capture Flash RTMP streams" Plug-in is highlighted. Click "Plug-in options", then check "Enable Super Download".
Make sure to uncheck this option when you are done. If you have this checked when you are trying to capture a file that is over an hour it will most likely result in a partial download.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
Applian Technologies, Inc.